Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobberboy

Snow!!

5 posts in this topic

How much snow do you have up there?

"Your bobbers down!'

We rec'd 9 inches last Saturday and 4-1/2 inches yesterday. Total accumulation in the last week is 13-14". No snow on the ground prior to last Saturday, Feb 24th. Todays winds are directly out of the north at 15-18. We have our plow trucks out - but it is an uphill battle keeping the roads open. If you have access to a wheeler or snowmobile- you're going to have much more success out there. Stop in or call for more up to date conditions. The weather advisory ends today at 6:00pm.

Good to hear you guys are hard at work keeping the roads open for us fisher people. We're heading up to Red either sunday or monday, and I'll be stopping in at Winnie to try my luck with the perch on the way home either tues. or weds. High Banks, is there any chance a guy could get a small road plowed so I don't have to fight to get the wheel house situated before we hit it with the portables and the wheeler? Is there a fee? We were up there the week before the 'eyes closed and did fairly well. I was the one who made you go back in for brochures and a coffee mug when you were getting ready to head to town. How's the perch been going? How far do you have to go out? Any reply is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm glad to hear you didn't get pounded like we did down here. Ive got 27 inches in my yard in less than a week so the 13 to 14 inches sounds pretty good.

I was able to travel on the lakes down here up until last night so hopefully it will be ok next weekend up your way.

Thanks for the report.

"Your bobbers down!"

Give us a call when you are ready to head to Winnie - we can see what we can work out for you with a road, etc. We pulled our day-use houses off the ice on Wednesday. Most guys the last day or so have been up against this pressure system - so the bite has been tougher. Some perch still coming in though, shallower seems better, using fatheads.