Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bronzeback01

Pond North of Foster

5 posts in this topic

Anyone ever fish the gravel pit pond just north of foster. I think it's still private unless there is a new owner that would let a guy in there.

This topic came up at the last uplr event. Yes it is still private, and it doesn't sound like they are letting anyone in. I could be wrong, but that is what I heard.

last i heard it was pretty stitched up due to liability reasons like if someone drowned back there. I don't know that was just the word on the street. i don't think anyones chances are good of fishing that hole. let us know how it goes if anyone get were to someday have the opportunity to get out there though. ike

i have been very lucky to have been invited out to fish this pond three times this winter, and have gotten to know some of the people that manage the area, because of liability reasons it is very much private, and from what ive heard from these guys is that the ice can be very inconcistant due to springs and the fact that there still taking gravel

When I lived in Rochester when I was younger I used to live close to there. Every once in a while, while fishing the Zumbro behind it I would sneak in there and fish. I remember catching pearch and some monster slabs when I fished it. There was also a pile of largemouths, one night just before a storm I bet I caught about 30 of them up to 3lbs and because back then all I knew how to use was a spinning rod with light line I broke off a couple I know where much bigger. The biggest I ever weighed out of there was 5lbs exactly. Its been quite a few years since then, I know better than to sneak into ponds now. But I have to admit it was worth it. I would love to take a canoe back there if I could ever get permission to fish.

The last time I was there it was so grown over that I couldn't hardly get to the water and cast. I do remember that I couldn't wade around the lake because there were some serious drop offs often within inches of the bank.