Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waska

sunnies

6 posts in this topic

where might I look for larger sunnies around the area?

While your at it, please give me next weeks winning powerball numbers. Thank you.

For a non smart*** reply, all I can say is people aren't going to want to give away their honeyholes. Once owrd gets out of a hot panfish lake in the Bemidji area, it doesn't take long to get fished out. Just look at what is happening to Gilstad LAke this winter and you'll see for yourself.

A few lakes that are not secrets would be Rabideau and Grace. Grace has really rceived lots of pressure lately.

Your best bet is to go out searching and if you get lucky, keep the locationa secret. Probbaly not what you want to hear, but there are a lot of unregistered people who cruise these forums.

Quote:

Your best bet is to go out searching and if you get lucky, keep the locationa secret. Probbaly not what you want to hear, but there are a lot of unregistered people who cruise these forums.

Thank you smartguy, you took the words right out of my mouth! And yes Gilstad got pound this winter, and Grace the last 2 winters!

Waska do you go to BSU and are you from Glenwood/Starbuck/Lowry/Villard area? If so, I understand where your coming from, because I have family that live there.

Don't be afraid to do some research with survey numbers and try fishing lakes off the beaten path. Everyone wants to catch big fish, but not all are willing to walk or ride sled/atv back into the woods to find them. Good luck and hold your big bluegill spots close to the vest or they won't be big bluegill spots for long.

found a pocket of them suspended deep in bemidji along with some NICE crapps, got to be in 50fow