Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daddyducker

Last week report...

6 posts in this topic

Headed up to LOTW Mar 2 3 4, and was wondering what's been happening up there. Heard some reports of the week before last, but was wondering if anyone has been up there more recent. Has the snow played a role in the bite?

Still able to find fish around that 20' mark?

Are the pike starting to go again...not just in key locations?

Any imput would be great.

Thought about going out of Morris Point.

Thanx smirk.gif

Fished over Pine Island yesterday in 28-29'. In between plowing out 2 houses, getting stuck 6 times, moving 1 house, banking, & fixing a broken hyd. fitting on the plow I caught a 17 & 16" eye, lost another heavy one, 8 or 10 keeper sauger up to 15", & 2 nice 12" perch from 8-4:30. Twice that many dinks & some ciscos thrown in to irritate me.

Had a Marcum set up on either side of the house & looked like I was at a Kornakova/Sharapova match. Had something working on one or the other most of the time. Don't think I had 1 fish show up to active jigging but would still lift or pound bottom every few minutes.

Many fish just showed up and then would have to be teased up 2-6 feet, sometimes 3 or 4 times before biting. Lots of them just appeared as a disturbance on the bottom signal & had to be teased up. Had 2 large marks that followed but wouldn't close.

Had on a small red glow rattle jig and a small green glow rattle varmit & shiner head. The green may have had a slight edge during the day but everything after 3PM came on the red.

Thought things would slow down when the wind kicked up but didn't seem to matter.

Thanks for the report...as I thought though things have been slow eh. No matter, the rest of the crew backed out due to weather, probabally for the best.

God luck to all you hardcore locals this weekend, I'm envious!

Thanx Dutchman for info... maybe I'll be back up around the 16th when the snow has blown off and melted?? LOL!

Thanx again smirk.gif

RoyalDutchman: Sounds like an intersting day for you all the way around. Sounds like a fish fry in the making though. We're getting hit pretty good down here right now, they're talking 12-21" possible. We're not far away from that. Stay safe this weekend, and good luck. Bill

Royaldutchman (doug) sounds like you were doing the McGYver thing again. I ment to ask went I was up there last. Did your guest get his auger fixed???

Swabby

Hey Terry,

I think you were more help to him than I was! I believe he was able to drill the next day but definately needed some factory support later. Hard to keep everyone staight but I think he is an FM'er.

Max, How'd it go with the auger?