• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Some thing neat to look at. Mill lace resort map from 1967. Note all the resorts

Shack

For anyone who wants to take a very close up look, you can right click image and save to windows photo gallery and zoom in to were ever you want. I figure old timers would love to see. The contours of the lake are crazy, but if you fished back then you may remember a old name to a bar of reef. Also the resort names and old phone #'s are on her also. My grandpa loves looking at it. Reminds him of the old days. I have a bunch of old lake maps like this. I have leech from 66,Cass from 68 and a couple more.

Wow, I'd never fish mille lacs if I looked at a map and seen that's what the structure looked like. I'm guessing alot of those resorts were bought out to make way for houses and cabins?

Todays maps are much better and this old map is way off scale. The reason I took a picture of the west side is to show how many resorts are gone or bought out by the Mill Lacs band of ojiaway (spelled wrong). Just neat to look at if you grew up on Mill lacs or fished it alot in the old days.

That is cool... What you should consider is looking at making color copies of it and selling them. I would buy one. I would frame it and possibly put it up on the fish house wall or in my office. A lot people would get a kick out of it when they visit.

Its rare. I will try to maybe get color copies, good idea.

Were would you go to get that done. I can e-mail copies so you can zoom in and see very clear old names,phone #'s,reef's and bars. I look at all the time and find somehting new. I own 10 plus maps of Mill Lacs, but this is the rarest and most favorite one. E-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you a better photo If you want.

What size is the map? I work for a printing company, I could possibly scan it and digitally print it.

Shackbash: That is really interesting. I fished during those days with my dad and a couple of uncles on the west side out of Shortys and later Zaskes resort. If you can get some printed I would certainly buy one from you for old times sake. Thanks for sharing. Bill

For copies you could try a local staples or any business supply store that offers copying, you will most likely have to do it your self because they are really cautious about copyright infringement.

I also have the same map and it has been framed for years.

It does get alot of comments...

Good Luck...

back in the day where every open space on the map was not filled with advertising.

A good place to get the scanning done of big prints like this is at Albinson Reprographics or Kinko's . They are both in St. Cloud and some other bigger towns I believe. They will either put it on a disk for you or email it..... COOL!! I would like to get my hands on one as well..

Forman's Famous Spot

Now that brings back memorys!

17 foot cedar strip rental boats.

Two five horse Johnsons, and 40 minutes to get out to Hennepin Island.

A busy day at the island.........A Dozen boats.

Keith

I am working on that right now, friend of family holds copyright. As soon as I have permision, I am going to copy all of the differnt maps I have. I got another post on leech forum. People realy like them. Thanks for all e-mails and I will let you know when I have them ready.

Me, my dad and my brothers stayed at "Roll In Lodge" in the early 70's. What happened to that place as it was a popular place to go? confused.gif

Please guys if you can make something work and get me a copy, I would for be intrested in seeing it also! Way cool..

I'd be interested too.

Look at the detail on that baby compared with today's Lakemaster maps. We've come a long way with technology, right or wrong.

I would also be interested in purchasing a copy. What a great conversation starter.

Mill laces band of Ojibaway (spelt wrong) bought out Roll in years ago. I used to go up their in fall with my grandpa and fish shallow for eye's. He stated that eyes would come shallow in fall to eat frogs as they burrowed in mud for winter. We never did catch much but we had fun. Roll in Lodge was a great place. It hurt me when they changed it. Still working on maps, have saved all e-mails and will return notification when they are ready. Thanks everyone!

I have been snowmobiling all weekend and just got home. I am very sore! thanks again!

If you end up making these, I would probably be interested in (2). Keep us up to date on the progress.

Thanks,

"hooks"

fishnhooks (at) aol(dot)com

Going down to proof them now, will report back later!

thanks

I did not like quality of print and paper they were using. Also found inside printer I know in maple grove. I am going to switch printers, this will save money. Its not cheap making full size prints of something this large, but going to get it done. Hopefully next week will have some ready! Will let you all know.