Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyepatrol

Dunns & Betty (Betsy)

6 posts in this topic

I put this in the Annandale forum, but thought I'd try it here too.

Just wondering if anybody fishes these two lakes? Was looking through the DNR site and thought it might be worth trying these in spring for panfish (crappies).

The white crappie population busted a few years ago on dunns. Also it is hard to fish. Although I have caught some big northerns there.

Betsy is a fair fishery but hard to access through the creek.

I was out there last year and the big whites eluded me. It definately is a tough lake to fish.

Thanks for the info guys. With the size of Dunns, one would think they wouldn't be too tough to find, but they must be elusive. How's the black crappies in that lake? Many of those in there?

Betsy looks like it would be fun to fish just for the fact that access to the lake is limited. I've got a duckboat that I was thinking I could throw in the back of the truck and either oar out there or use the 15hp motor we got to get out there if the creek level is high enough. Would try to hit it early spring when water levels are usually at their highest and would bring the Marcum along.

Dunns and Richardson have always interested when looking at the DNR report and lake maps. I have never fished them, but would like to give it a try late ice maybe. When you say the White crappie population busted a few years ago...you mean exploded?? Lots of em in there or what? You never hear anything about these lakes, but seem to have plenty of fish in. Can anyone else give any info on these lakes?

Busted as in crashed. White crappies peak as bust like grouse.

I would like to see if any of the flathead cats are still around from the stocking years ago. grin.gif