• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if it's worth hunting snow geese in MN anywhere near Crookston or if the majority of hunters just heads to ND. I am planning on going to school there next fall and plan to come check out the campus and town.

I figure if I do it sometime in mid-late March I could possibly get a little hunting in. I do have one possible connection but I think he hunts mainly in ND. Any info appreciated.

nah, no snows close by.

When ya get to Crox, just blow thru town that evening at about 60mph and you'll get to meet Wiskers. blush.gif

Gotta agree with the other guys, not much for snows.

A few years back when I was attending NDSU, I would see them quite often in fields along HWY 75 between Crookston & Fargo. Its been a few years though.

Hey we dont get snows but we get the honkers in the fall. And access too land isn't too difficult if you can find the farm. You'll like the school.

Quote:

Hey we dont get snows but we get the honkers in the fall. And access too land isn't too difficult if you can find the farm. You'll like the school.

Yeah I've heard good reports about the duck/goose hunting in the fall. I'm glad to hear there's access possible too. I will be hunting birds as much as possible and hope to meet some fellow hunters. Otherwise I'm going to have to sell all my floating dekes to buy some full bodies blush.gif I'm just hoping there's no culture shock leaving all the water and trees for fields!

Don't sell your floaters. There is lots of water, public land, public access around the Mentor/Erskine/McIntosh area. You also have Thief Lake to the north too.

Like I said before, We moved to Crookston from Frostbite Falls about 14 years ago. Things are different. Different mill stink.

Well that's good because I really didn't want to sell my floaters. Guess I'll just have sell a kidney or something to add a bunch of full bodies to my collection blush.gif

Mike L,

Our mill stinks? smirk.gif

Gotta come check out ND thats all i have to say although there is a fair number of geese i have seen in crookston area...

Yeah I plan to get my non-res ND license so I can do some waterfowling over there too. Also wouldn't mind getting into some pheasants. Reading your profile sounds like we would get along great, although my partying is pretty non-existant Sept-Nov because those birds don't seem to like to sleep in grin.gif Maybe we'll have to hook up for a hunt once I'm over there.

Ya i still party in the fall... if i skip anything though... its not hunting... maybe class!! I balance it all out fairly well though. I will come back to ND every year after i graduate and hunt there too no matter where i have to travel from!