Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RicerUpNorth

Youngs Bay

3 posts in this topic

I understand Youngs Bay is the last stop before heading down the ice road to Oak Island. Are there any places to eat there and is there a gas station in town? (not sure if it is even a town) confused.gif

Youngs bay is kind of the last stop on main land?? There is Jerry's resteraunt and bar, is a pretty good place to eat. He also has gas there, but I would fill up before heading up there in either Roseau or Warroad.

The town is not very much of a town but if you go left at Jim's corner (instead of right to youngs bay)you will get to downtown NWAngle. There is a small post office, golf course(closed in winter?? go figure), and Grumpy's bar and grill. Last but not least if you are there you could drive by the last one room school house in Minnesota.

There a couple places to eat on the Oak Island, Sportsman's and Angle inn lodge both serve food, again both pretty decent. Flag Island might also serve food, I am not sure if they are open in winter for food or bar??

Have a great time and good luck.

Linda

Thanks Linda. We are staying at Angle Inn Lodge but apparently will not get there in time for lunch so they advised us to eat prior to entering the ice road. Thanks for your input. Very much appreciated. laugh.gif