Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moby1

Location of cabins in park/Spring Tips

3 posts in this topic

Ok, I couldnt quite swing the yearly ice outing with my coworkers last week BUT there is still hope. We were able to reserve a camper cabin at the state park from June 1- June 5. The last (and only) time we tried open water was about the same time frame two or 3 years ago and the fishing was nothing short of phenomenal. At that time we camped and the cabins were being built I think. It was a little rainy and cool so a cabin will be nice. My question is, has anyone used the cabins and knows if they are on the river like the campsites so you can pull your boat up on shore overnight? The campground map doesnt show the cabins and the reservation by phone is through somewhere in Indiana (at least thats where my card was billed to) so they couldnt offer any info other than the campground map.

Man I cant wait! Either way we are still going. The wife HAD to grant a kitchen pass because her cousin from New Jersey wants to come out and experience mn fishing. ITS A DONE DEAL!!!!

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Any fishing tips will be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Moby1

Had cabin #1 last year for opener. Boated over 600 walleyes in 10 days. If you anchor on the shoreline break and jig with minnow you can't miss. If your baot is moving you're going too fast. Cabins are across the road from river and south of the office. Cabin dock is across from cabin #1

So there is a dock for the cabins then. We boated over 300 eyes in 2.5 days. I still prefer the crappies and will cover as much water as I have to to search them out smile.gif