• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hillman's roads? Kelly or Jon

jerkbait

Hi all, just wondering what roads of Hillmans are still getting plowed. Is the east-west road with the wood steaks getting plowed after the last snow, my house is at the end of that, seemed as though not to many houses down there anymore or is just the pine tree road getting plowed now, seemed like more people were in that area. Would like to know if I will need to bring my own plow and from where I will have to start plowing from to get back to my house. What is the forcast down there? Up here in Warroad they are talking about another 12-18 inches by Friday. shocked.gif

Thanks,

Chris

We currently have the roads cleard all the way out. The segment of road from the old bridge site west for 1/2 mile was closed of due to the pressure ridge having a temper tantrum and a few bad cracks to boot.

The current road heads west from Hillmans 3.2 miles then turns North for 1.5 miles around the ridge and then heads west and hooks back up with the original road and goes out 6+ miles.

As far as the forcasted snow we have plow trucks ready to go, once conditions allow it we will be clearing snow as fast as we can.

As of yesterday the east/west road with wood stakes was plowed out as far as the crack that opened up last week. (About 1 1/2 miles beyond the old bridge site.)People are driving across the cracks now but I didn't want to chance my plow truck going across it. Today people were still pulling wheel houses cross country as the snow is still soft. After this weekends wind??????????

Quote:

too tall is telling us 8-18 inches

It's gonna be a "6 tank day".

Take the amount of snow to fall and divide that by the amount of solid cutter v-plows ready to go(3) and that is how many tanks of fuel each truck will burn in ten hours of plowing...and you all think we are all a bunch of dumb Hillbillies. grin.gif

Thats like the city slicker that gets lost in the country and yells out to the hillbilly"hey you dumb hillbilly come over here,"The hillbilly comes over and says what?,the city slicker points to his map and says hey im lost can ya tell me where i am on the map here?the hillbilly gets a dumb look on his face and just then the city slicker says what ya cant read either?the hillbilly responds and says yep im dumb and i cant read,BUT I AINT LOST! grin.gif

Thanks for the update fellows cool.gif. Keep updating if you have time. I will leave my plow on my truck just to make sure I can get to the fish house.

Chris

jerkbait, if your house is light colored with a dark blue????? stripe I plowed to within 100 yards of it today helping another fellow get his house off. His house was flying the American flag. I plowed in from straight north.

Kelly, my house is a tan color with a brown roof and I think I am still west of the house that is flying the flag. My house was just past the end of Hillmans road that kept going straight west after the pressure ridge and crossed over Agasiz's road. Where you plowed should get me closer, but who knows by tommorrow afternoon could be all snow again.

Thanks for the update, Chris

Just realized that a couple of days ago when I seen your post. This was the name I used in the invominnesota forum for a few years and ibot never thought anyone else was using it. I looked yesterday to see where to change my user name but could not find where to do it. Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction. I wouldn't want to be a thief now. grin.gif

Even now without any new snow 2 lane roads are drifted shut in minutes. When were you coming to try get to it?

I will be down there between 4:00 to 5:00 pm tommorrow. Get off work at 3:30 and we are heading down right from Warroad, arrival time depends on the roads also. I didn't plan on pulling the house until next weekend though. We were going to fish and ride sleds this weekend. I do have a Boss v-plow and basically I am trying to figure out where I am going to be able to start plowing from to get to the house. Last weekend I was able to just keep going SW off of the new road that you put in after going around the break. But I imagine with the snow the banks on the south side of the road are pretty big now. Thanks, Chris

If you follow the new road around the ridge follow it to. 48 10 642, 94 38. 391. The junction of the new road and the balsam bough road. If you head SW from there you will be missing the worst of the old road banks, rough ice and all of the cracks.

Thanks for the info. smile.gif Hope the fishies are biting. grin.gif Good luck to all.

Hey guys...

Kelly or Jon - what do you know about the area 1.5 miles past the old pressure ridge bridge at 3.2, on the old balsam road?? if it helps 48.10.286 and 94.36.960...

I would be most appeciative of any info regarding cracks and plow banks... I really need to get the house off this weekend... also, do you 'plow for hire'??

Thanks again for all the info you provide for all of us!

Right now where the road loops around the pressure ridge is closed. frown.gif Some people dropped their wheel house's in the road. Jon, David, Buddy and me all asked them to move to save the road. They refused. "It is public water you can not make us move." We backed away. Every person in my social circle has been nailed with an "Angler Harassment" complaint this year. The road ends at their fish house's. confused.gif The road is blocked by them, the drifts around their houses are now bigger then we can move.

I'm done with this BS. It's time for tracked vehicles for my customer and no roads.

Sorry to hear that Kelly. Some people just don't GET IT AND THEY NEVER WILL!!!! I would call some of the resorts on LOW...maybe someone has one of those bombers for sale frown.gif

The answer is simple. Some People think it is "It is all about me." Heaven forbid they would think about anything else. confused.gif

It's time for a great big wagon train of everyone heading out that way! Don't forget to stop by and see how they are doing, and give them a "GREAT BIG HOWDY"!!! Remember you can park 10' from them and run your generators and trucks all night, that is legal on Public Waters too!!!

Hope no one is stuck on the lake because of them!!!

Sure hope they don't get stuck, when the road back drifts in! grin.gif

Where is that Trash-Masher, Litterbug Punisher Guy, when we need him! shocked.gifblush.gif

Are they at the crossing or South of it?

Buddy just called and said that the people in the road are packing up to leave. smile.gif If all the plows get there he figures we can bust road back through there but the drifts they left behind in the road are higher then the hood on his pickup. frown.gif

WK, There are no cracks there. Both are 3/4's of a mile from you. I'm not sure about the road banks as the people from Aggaziz were using the old bough road to pull their houses back towards shore so they were plowing it with a straight blade. The east/west roads are staying in pretty good shape. I think your best bet would be to go the cords. I gave jerkbait and come back down the bough road. Flag one of us down to plow to your house.

Quote:

Buddy just called and said that the people in the road are packing up to leave.
smile.gif

I would guess they got tired of getting knocks on their door all night-"can you pull me out, I'm stuck in this big snow drift"

Guess that wasn't such a good spot after all.

Darn, I am out past that...

I think these guy need a little angler sense pounded into them.

Any chance this is going to change today?

Thanks for the update Kelly smile.gif. Some people can be a real pain sometimes. I think commansense is going by the wayside these days crazy.gif.

So the road is back open now after the ridge?

Thanks, Chris