Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IMPT7T

Bemidji in the winter ?

10 posts in this topic

For the last 30 or more years, each August my family camps at Bemidji State park. Each time we go to Bemidji this conversation comes up. “ I wonder what this place looks like in the winter.” My wife and I are thinking about taking a run up to Bemidji for a few days. We will not be fishing, just exploring. The wife wants a pitcher, burger and popcorn from Slim’s. We would like to walk on the Lake and see the Lake with all the fish houses on it. The question is when would the best time be for taking this trip? It is a 580 mile trip, so this will happen only once. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Well, probably right now with all the new snow and the fish houses have to be removed from the ice soon. It won't be long and the nice, fresh snow will be melted down and brown.

Justin

It dosen't help that a lot of the fish houses are already coming off due to the end of walleye/pike season...

You will see some but you better hurry!!!

Beef

Thanks for the reply. I must admit the answer is some what disappointing. Do I have a week? When will it be to late? Would you recommend that I try next year to get a flavor of Bemidji in the winter?

Could you bring up Portillo's and Super Dawg???

Portillo's is about a mile from my house. Only been to Portillo's a couple of times. My wife is a major Henry's hot dog fan, so no Portillo's. I am with you, Portillo's is better. Looks like I am going to run out of time to see Bemidji in the winter. Might have to make a run down to Florida instead. I haven't given up on Bemidji, but....

Bemidji is beautiful until ice out. Sometimes it's even better without the houses on the lake, with all of the people perch jerkin' on a nice day sitting on buckets. If the houses are a must see, then you've basically got this coming weekend, and the weekend after. The last weekend might be too late. I know our shacks will be out until the last possible minute.

If you can't make it this winter, its always a nice weekend to be in Bemidji when they have the christmas parade, fireworks on Lake Bemidji, and the christmas lighting in early December. I am sure the Bemidji guys can help me with the date?? confused.gif Have fun!

Justin

How much snow do you guys have up there? Can a guy still get around in 4-wheel drive pickup?

No problem just watch out for the snow drifts...

We are expecting some more snow with this next system...

My guess 7 inches

Beef