Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newfisher1010

Help WANTED!! Sea Gull Lake BWCA

6 posts in this topic

Hey all-

A couple buddies and I are heading up to Sea Gull in the BWCA in a couple weeks are were wondering where and whats hot right now. This will be my first trip up and am a little stressed. Just wanna catch some fish. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Are you getting there before march 15? That's when lake trout season closes. Other than that there isn't anything to fish for. Personally I think it's the most scenic lake you'll ever go to, but the fishing SUCKS!!! If you want to catch alot of nice trout go to either Saganaga or Gunflint.

Seagull's pretty much black and white right now. There was a fair amount of fire damage from last summers fires.

Well I'm one of the buddies. And since I'm a one trick pony when it comes to fishing and only know my Lake of the Woods any help would be appreciated. We will be up on Sea Gull the weekend of the 8-12 so we will be able to catch the Laker season.

Tip ups the best way to go? Set a line of them at different in various depths? Thats about all the strategy we have as of now. Is Sea Gull a bust for Lakers? Portage to other Lakes?

Thanks for the tip. Maybe we will think about portaging elsewhere. Is there any lakes nearby that have had luck? We thought about taking a day trip to either Peter Lake or Jasper Lake.

If you portage to saganaga you'll catch some nice lakers, and since it's on the canadien border you'll still be able to fish for walleyes and northern (and they both are BIG in that lake)