Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wcmchaser

I Like to Watch!

5 posts in this topic

Anybody using underwater cameras??? How far can you see??

Do they spook the fish???

Used mine up there last weekend, and I could only see about 3 feet. I seen a few Walleyes, it seems that it doesn't bother then at all.

I've used mine a bunch up there this year. It can really tip the odds in your favor if the bite is light or the fish are lethargic. I've been lucky enough to watch eye's, a 12lb pike and a whole mess of crappies come up and eat. I'd say visibility will have dropped some now that there is snow cover, but you should be able to see 2-3'. The camera doesn't seem to spook 'em.

I used mine this weekend & the only fish I could identify was the only crappie I caught. I had the camera pointing straight down so I could see my bait and about 5-6' of lake bottom. I decided to change rods in that hole and was dropping a small jig tipped with a tiny crappie minnow and it came charging up and engolfed the bait all in one motion, it was awesome I set the hook and pulled it in. I only wish I had it recorded the bait was right near the camera, and the crappie filled most of the screen.

I could see small fish on the bottom I assume small eyes of perch but couldnt see them good enough to identify for sure.

With the recent snow cover camera use will be limited, pretty dark under that snow.