• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My little fish this weekend

p2240057lo7.th.jpg

Caught this sturgeon on Saturday took about 20 minutes to get it in walleye fishing was very slow.

Little fish huh, can't wait to see the big boys. grin.gif I've been going up for 7 years and have never hooked into one. How do they fight? Just hard nosed weight or are they runners like a nort? Bill

This is the first sturgeon I have caught through the ice and it was dead weight when I first set the hook. I was in 22 fow in front of the gap and at first I thought walleye, but it didn't take long to realize I had either a sturgeon or a northern. I fought it for 15 to 20 minutes, it would peel line for 10-15 seconds than stop then again and again. Finally got to see it after 10 minutes and when it saw the ice it went down to the bottom again to start the fight again. Lucky I had fireline crystal! All in all it was a riot!

We've caught them in the river, and Four mile Bay in the spring and fall, and they are a blast!!! And when you do get a legal fish, they are unbelieveable smoked!!! I guess if I had to put it in to perspective, imagine a John deere tractor down on bottom, pulling your boat around!!! Alot of people just cut the line when they figure out thry have one on, but if you don't mind trying to horse on in after a hour or better fight, i suggest trying it!!! It really had to be a gas thru the ice!!! Bumble

No I put him back to grow a little more! Les is going to guide all summer, let's get some guys together and book him! You could use another 12lber on the wall huh!