• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm trying to decide wether to go to pokegama in pine city or knife in mora this weekend. Which lake is having the hotter bite this year? Any info will help.

I have yet to be skunked on Pokegama this year. This isn't saying that much though since I drive over the road and only get to fish every other weekend. The crappies have been in 15-20ft all season and have been liking a crappie minnow on a plain hook. The northerns and pre-dawn crappies have been in 8-12ft. Clapps bar to the island has been the most productive and the crappies have been large in size this yr gotta couple of 13"s last time out. Can't help yah with Knife haven't fished it this yr.

I have a cabin on Knife. The bite has slowed considerably the past couple of weeks. A lot of small 5" biters, the big ones have been few and far between. Don't forget CPR on the spawners. Bill

the last time I was there the ice was a solid 24". I'm not sure they even set up the areator this year. There was talk at one of our Knife Lake Assc meetings about it, but not sure if it ever went through. Bill

Is there a road plowed out from the Floppy Crappie or the south boat launch? I don't have a snowmobile or 4 wheeler and don't really want to get stuck out there.

I've never fished either lake in the winter before, and the way things are looking I might have to wait until next year to make it happen. I try to make it to both places every spring though, I like these lakes. Real good fishing for multiple species.