• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How quickly things can change

brady_d

A couple of guys were up there from thursday to friday using our houses that were up there. They caught their limit on crappies and walleyes and were on their way home one day earlier than expected. Then a couple of other friends were going up to use the same houses for the weekend. They got there only a couple hours after the other guys left and they didn't even have to drill out the holes. Their total for the weekend- 0 crappies and 4 walleye.

It's kind of a funny spot that our houses are in. That's the 3rd time that has happened. On 2 previous trips up there we hammered them the first day and then struggled the rest of the time up there to catch anything. It seems weird to me. Anyone have any thoughts on why they are in there when we get there and then are gone after a day. Its hard to say that it is the activity in the area because there are always people around our houses when we get there.

Hopefully they'll be in there this weekend though as it may be our last trip up for the year. frown.gif

I'd say theres a little slight pot hole and they stack up in there. When you fish them out it takes a while before a new group filters in?

brady-

Same thing here. frown.gif

Fished the same holes last weekend for a grand total of 70 crappies. Fished the same holes Saturday and didn't even see a walleye come through on the flasher.

We had sporadic crappie action within 500 yards of those holes but they were not in that same spot.

That's what i was thinking was the case. I've thought about fishing there the first day and then going elsewhere the whole second day, then trying to come back and see if their there on the last day. Don't know if this would be enough time for them to come back though. Anyone have a guess on how long it takes them to stack up in there?

They fish are present. Bellied to the bottom and ultra negative. I watched them on a camera today pass by jigs so close they brushed them aside on the way by.

Major weather conditions and first snow cover of the year. A small slump that they will come out of soon, they gotta eat sooner or later.

The problem with blaming the weather is as soon as you say that someone lands on the honey hole and slams them? It sure does seem they shut down after this snow cover or they spread out?Maybe they will bite tomorrow

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

We had fish on the bottom almost constantly this weekend. Every once in a while they'd get aggressive enought to swim up and smack a bait. At times they were walleyes and at times crappies. I'll be up in a couple weeks looking for the active ones again. laugh.gif