Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wayne123

Adrians 2/24 - 2/25

3 posts in this topic

We fished all day Saturday and Sunday morning until 12:30. We ended up with 15 Walleye's and Saugers. Nothing big but good eaters. We did okay I guess considering the weather.

The highlight of the trip was someone from the resort caught a 14+ pound Walleye while we were there. I think they said it was 14lb 4 oz but I am not sure on the ounces. The person working at the resort showed us the picture. It had a huge belly.

Wayne, were heading up this weekend, out of Adrians. Do you care to share any more info, like how far past the island, depth, any magic lure, river shiners or fatheads?

Thanks

I am not sure how far past the island but we rented one of their houses and it appeared most of them were in a row. The Walleyes seemed to like the fat heads better than the shiners. I do not think the sauger cared one way or the other. We caught most of the fish Friday morning I think because of the weather.

I used everything in the box but they liked best a round glow jig. I had one of these on a pole at all times. I do not know what they are called but they are simple round jigs about 1/4 ounce. I would not call the color white it is kind of a very light yellow/green.

We used the shiners from the resort. They give you about four dozen for 7 or 8 dollars. They were on the smaller side but seemed to work okay.

We were in 28 feet of water.

Hope this helps.