• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Would you fish every day if you could?

Questor

I wouldn't. I think it would become such drudgery that I'd end up hating it after about a month.

Well, I wouldn't just do the same type of fishing day after day, that would eventually get boring. But there are SO many kinds of fishing and places to go...if I could afford it, I have no doubt I could fish everyday!

I'd flip my job around! Fish Monday - Friday and then take the weekends off to do whatever.

Like was said, if I could afford it (and not have to work), I'd fish 5 days out of the week, easy! Not quite all year long though. Gotta hunt, see other family, take other vacations too. smirk.gif

I could easily fish every day at least for some portion of the day. I would not be up for a full 8 hrs every day though.

I would have to figure out what to do on vacations then though..... grin.gif

Daze Off

Quote:

I wouldn't. I think it would become such drudgery that I'd end up hating it after about a month.

Could I fish every day just as a hobby...

Nah probably not... Not until like my retirement years when I plan to retire on a lake with a nice cabin etc... And then it's one of those, go out fishing after breakfast, for an hour as part of a daily routine.

I could make my career fishing related though...

Something like say own a small Restaurant/Fishing resort somewhere... My Fiance/wife (Who used to be a gourmet chef) could run the Cafe, and I'd guide...

It would have to be the right lake etc... And would need to be a lake region, like a chain with some variety.

Then as a side way to make money I'd write about fishing, and either become a Correspondent for one of the mags, or just start my own website with a subscription news letter...

(I keep massive amounts of research & Obseravtion in a journal already, which after spending 250-400 hours a year on the water, it's got to have some info worth money!)

laugh.gif

I there was a big enough bank account, I could fish atleast a small portion of every day. If I had all fuel, lodging, bait, tackle and all bills at home I would be on the water forever.

I'd like to say I would, but I'm with Questor on this one, I think after a period of time it would start to lose its shine. I would like to have the ability to fish when I think the conditions are perfect, just hook up and go. Nothing iritates me more than being able to go on saturday but the perfect day was thursday, especially if a retired friend went on thursday and told me how great it was. Then I go on Saturday and have just a so-so trip. Drives me crazy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

I could fish eveyday, but then what would I do in my spare time?

FISH ! ! ! grin.gif

I think if you fished every day the " Specialness " would wear off after while . So I wouldn't fish every day but wouldn't it be great to be able go fishing when ever I " wanted " .

My first year of teaching in NE Iowa, I fished every single day in june and july, I got bored really quick (after twon months that is). I had no boat so I was wading in trout streams and walking the bank of the Upper Iowa and the mississippi shore fishing. Needless to say I spent a lot on bait and beer, ate so much fish in those two months that I can't really stand to eat trout and salmon too for that matter, more than once or twice a year. We got pretty creative in how we cooked our fish as well, Grilled catfish in the rain, now that was a fun one......I am sure I missed a couple days that summer due to weather, but I remember fishing basically every single day.

would I do it again if I could, YES. I own a boat now, that opens things up a lot more

I do fish every day during open water. weather pending.at times two times morning and evening I'm retired (disabled)at 55yrs.Go fishin morning, do garden yard work,work on 1950 Jeep,rebuild aluminum boats putz around go out again.sometimes too sore,pills,fishin.Of course I live on a lake so its easy

If I could move to the wilderness permanently, ala "Alone in the Wilderness", yes, I would love to (on both accounts)! But if I'm still here in civilization, there's too many other people, places and things I enjoy, too.

Point being, if my life was outdoors, and my job was simply just to live and ponder the existence of me and the world around me, I would enjoy fishing every single day of the rest of my life.

I think the best measure of whether you are fishing enough or too much for your soul is how you feel about "one more cast" on a given outing. If you are out fishing, and going through the mental routine of packing up to go home imparts anxiety and sadness, schedule more fishing!!! grin.gif If it makes you think "today was great, I can't wait to get out again" I'd say you are in the happy place! grin.gif If you think "jeezus, can we just get the h3ll out of here already", you probably need to change fishing partners. grin.gif

No...it would be like eating filet mignon every day, sooner or later you would get tired of it.

I am too young and have way too many different hobbies to limit myself to fishing everyday. Isn't that what retirement is for? At least that Is what my interpretation of it is. For them every day of the week is Saturday. LOL

(only 30 years to go... frown.gif)

CA

I am with CrappieAttitude. To many hobbies, to little time, too little money. Only I have 50 years til retirement. mad.gif

Not everyday, but two out of three days I could fish! I spend about one month to six weeks a year fishing every day, trying new lakes, new spots, looking and finding. Could I fish one place every day? No way. At the rate I am going I will be able to retire at 111 years old grin.gif so I'm getting in what I can now! I fish alone a lot of days and there are some that it feels like I skipped school and no one else did! Fall has me hunting fishing hunting fishing... I get the " I'm really getting tired of this"come about Dec.

Every day might be a bit tough... As a teacher, I have my summers off, and I do a pretty good job to fish 5-6 days a week. I usually stay off the water on Saturday unless I have a tournament. I hate the huge crowds and get a tad impatient at boat landings at times.