Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Browningbolt

winterizing boat ?

4 posts in this topic

I am thinking about taking the boat out to pool 2 this weekend. Does any one know if this is safe to do yet? I have not seen the river since we have had this snow.

after i get done should i re winterize the boat?

How are the walleyes biting? i have had decent luck by the ford (Contact Us Please) later in the season, is that worth trying?

Just take it out again real soon grin.gif Eyes should be making a push up there soon, should be something up there or down by the confluence

Has anyone been driving over the 494 access to see if they are plowing out the ramp area? Just wondering, I'm getting a big itch to fish some open water.

Versus

Assuming that you have treated fuel in the tank, nothing to worry about unless it is going to be more than 4-5 weeks before you get out again. A couple of cold weather precautions:

1. Check the tire pressure on the trailer before heading out.

2. After you pull the boat out, find a nice spot, pull the plug and trim the motor down to drain while you pack up.

3. Once I get back home, I keep the motor trimmed down to make sure any remaining water will drain out and not freeze.

4. Finally, try to keep the tank full to minimize condensation, esp. if you are using fuel with Ethanol.

Guitarzan