Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wade Joseph

Allouez Bay

10 posts in this topic

STAY OFF! I was at the bait box. was told that a truck went thru so being the smart guy I am, I parked my ruck at the landing and decided to take the wheeler. Well, that was at 11am. I just got out of the shower from being wet to the waist. The pressure ridge out from the landing (behind the trailer park thats behind the holiday gas station) has 2-3 ft of water on both sides of it under the drifting snow. I had to take my truck out part way and pull the wheeler out onto good ice. Luckilly it only got stuck in the slush, no water in the engine or crank case.

Maybe I can get out fishing next weekend.

Glad to hear you're alright Wade, maybe we should have risked the drive to Ashland blush.gif, although I heard hwy. 2 was closed until about 11. Be careful out there everyone, you never know what are under those drifts!

Ha i posted that about the truck on wi point link heard it on the scanner glad to hear ur ok although i couldnt spell allouez lol

Wade, take it easy on the new wheeler man wink.gif. Glad ya made it out alright. The harbor and bays are really starting to open up and split cracks. This new snow will only make it worse. Be carefull if your heading down there and don't drive your trucks out there crazy.gif

Wade Im glad your ok.

Ya all the pressure ridges and cracks are opening up with the wind and snow insulating the cracks. I went in up to my knee last night, luckily the opening was only about 16" wide.

Be very very careful on the river, even walking. I surely wouldnt drive out there.

Glad to here you are o.k. Wade. I was out there on Saturday and that truck was sitting there up to it's headlights. It looked to me that he was driving parallel to the pressure ridge and dropped through. I bet that the ice races out there on Saturday did not help things out at all. there had to be at least 50 - 75 rigs out there on the ice. I think I may have taken my last trip to Allouez unless I enter from the Wisconsin Point side.

Jar Jar

Even the spots to get onto Alouiz off of Wi. Point are starting to look discolored. Im thinking my bay fishing days a very numbered. Oh well it sure was fun while it lasted. This years ice walleye bite on the river is probably the best one I have ever experienced. Lets hope we see a few more of these in our lifetimes. laugh.gif

Steve, I'm kinda thinking the same thing. I looked at some spots today and they don't look good. What an awesome bite out there this year. I had a great time fishin along side you and all the fmers that joined us.

Jar, did you find anything else in there othere then perch?

Only other are an occasional sturgeon but the perch are running quite large this year with a few at the 13-1/2 " mark.

I,m hoping to hit Minnesuing this weekend.

Jar Jar

I had heard about those perch, and was trying to get out there after them. Seems I missed allot of good fishing this year, man I hate my job. I tell you , if it wasn't for work, I'd get ALOT more fishing done. Oh well, maybe I can still get out there next weekend. If not, thereis always open water fishing.