Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carp-fisher

Snow storm fishing!

7 posts in this topic

I had the the opportunity to finally do some fishing yesterday. I fished from 11:30 a.m. till about 2 p.m. The snow was coming down pretty good, but the fish were snapping. I ended up catching a couple of dozen bluegills, the majority of which were over 8", and 5 bass. Not bad for a metro day bite. Anyone else make it out in the snow?

I was out on Chisago in the wheeled house from Friday afternoon to Sunday Morning. Snow drifted up wind of the fish house nearly 3'! The bite was off and on, but I managed to catch a few limits of pannies and some decent crappie (all released). ShawnnyB managed a few keeper pannies, 1 bass and a 20" Northern.

Surprisingly, I didn't have any trouble getting off the lake this morning, even going through snow drifts over my bumper. It was a good time sleeping with the wind blowing against the tin house! lol

Got on a great backwater river crappie bite Saturday in spite of the wind and snow. At least it held the competition at bay. We're going to have to make a big trip before the ice goes out. You, me Cyberfish and Casey.

Jack, I heard how you slayed 'em! I would love to get out there and do some backwater stuff. I hear you're heading to URL on friday? On wednesday me and my brother are heading up to where we were in january fishing on the last day, then heading to Big Sandy for thursday. the period just prior to friday's full moon, plus another weather system ought to crank things up for the both of us.

Yeah Jack we ought to get out and do some more fishing before ice out. We recently found out that my wife is pregnant, so this is quite possibly my last opportunity to do unfettered ice fishing for the next decade or two. I’m going down to Iowa this weekend, but after this, I should be free till spring…

Congrats on the good news, Carp. God is good. Any time you guys want a free backwater guide service just let me know. Better hurry though, the ice will go fast.

Hey juggs, from eagan too. I would love to get out and catch some gills, looking to get away from the lakes. Shot me an email and maybe i can meet up with ya. thedogger23@gmail.com