Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz

Anyone know ??

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the rules with regard to driving a Class II ATV with tracks on all four wheels on the DNR trail out to Knight or Bridges and beyond. As of December the classification for Polaris Rangers and other Utility ATV's was changed to a "Class II ATV". Before then NO license's were issued, but a SLOW sign had to be on the back, like other "vehicles of husbandry". With the new laws now in effect, what, if any licenses are required to run the trail. I know wheeled vehicles are not allowed, but with the tracks, what are, if any, the restrictions... Kaz

Kaz check that ATV forum. Folks were talking of the laws regarding tracked Wheelers a couple weeks back on that forum and I think you'll find some answers on that particular thread.

Post is titled...."installing tracks on my 700" by Catmendo. It's a few pages back and there is a post by "fireman" something or other with some info for you with regards to statutes and such. Lots of mumbo jumbo???

Hey Fisky,"mumbo jumbo"isn't that a new bait comming out for perch?cyac.p.s.told ya my snow dance would work! grin.gif

Kaz: I still think you should pick up one of those Snow Bears and take a couple of riders along with you up there grin.gif Can I go???? Bill

Thanks Fisky, I'll try to search for it.. Looking forward to seeing you for open water... Bill, I got the poormans version.. LOL Not a sleeper, but it'll haul three in comfort and all their gear in the rear box... Less than half the price too... LOL.. Kaz

Kaz, have you got tracks on yours? Are you coming back "up nort" to fish in all the new snow we have?? It's sup. to snow off and on all week. I bet you really miss it!!!

Pat: Got them ordered for next year. Read some of the posts on the ATV site, and the're un-stopable in the white stuff.. Just want to know what I need to do to be legal on the trail to the Angle... Ya, I miss the snow... Only 79 and a gentle breeze swaying the Palm Trees down here... I'll miss the snow you all got this week, propably be melted by the time I "Get back Nort". smile.gif See you in the open water... Kaz

Joe, you got mail.... Kaz

Kaz: How is life in Florida? You are really missing some nice weather up this way. cool.gif Headed for the 50's next week. Local lake travel is a bit tough right now, sure could use a machine like yours thats for sure. Guess we'll have to get the sled out, 4 wheeler won't make it on most lakes. And the way people are getting stuck, won't even attempt the Yukon. Won't be long and the boat can come out of storage and another chapter begins. Talk soon. Bill

Bill: Life is Good... I heard the snow got deep on the lake.. I bet my driveway is full of the white stuff.. I'll give you a call when I get home.. Can't wait for open water up there... Kaz

Hey Fisky: Thanks for the pictures of the place on Bur Oak.. Looks like a lot of snow piles around the house... Kaz

Do you want me to shovel your driveway out, or should we just let it melt....LOL. crazy.gif Ya, we definitley got some white stuff. Bill

Bill: I'd just let'er go.. LOL By the time I get up there, the white stuff should be "Down River" grin.gif Kaz... P.S But thanks for thinking about me though... LOL

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifBill