Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
White-tips

36"er?

White-tips

I was working a boat show yesterday and was told of a supposed 36" walleye caught on teh big pond? Any confirmations of this? I was expressly told that it was not the photo of the catholic priest's fish from Tobin and also not the photo of the new Washington state record recently caught on the Columbia River where the Snake dumps in. Any idea where they're seeing this photo?

Kaz

Whitetip's: I got an Email from "Old Guide" about two weeks ago with a Picture of the fish. It was caught over by Twin Islands off of Long Point. It was reportedly 18 pounds, which I thought would be a new state record... Pat, if you can cast some light on the subject, let us know more about it... Kaz

fiskyknut

I have heard some rumors of such a catch? Kaz don't spose you'd fwd that pic my way could ya? WOW....Quite the WHALE of a Walleye if it's fact. Wish I had caught it!!!!

Boar

That 18lber is not from twin Island, but from Lake Tobin Sask. Caught by Father Mariusz Zajac. It's in the 2006 In-Fisherman Ice Fishing Guide. The other I dont know about. LAter boar

Boar

Oh yea, I've seen a picture of the one reported from twin Island an its the same guy in the ice fishing guide From Lake Tobin Sask. Boar

Scarface

That one has legs, I get a new wave of emails every 90 days or so asking me about the 36” monster caught near Twin Island. One day I hope it will be true but every one so far has been the priest on Tobin Lake.

Kaz

Fisky: I have the picture on my computer up north.. Pat Fisher sent it to me, and it did look different then the one from last year.. Looked like it was taken in a fishhouse. Maybe you could give Pat a call in Warroad and ask him to send it to you... I don't think it was the same fish.. Kaz

Caesarfishinguytoo

Let see a pic of this/these fish again! sounds like some real pig(s)

Mark Christianson

As far as pics of the walleye thats floated around the internet for the past couple years, go to google and type exactly this in the search:

tobin lake walleye father

Select the first internet link at the top of the list. Father Walleye is pretty darn good apparently. The bottom picture on that page is the one everyone is talking about above.

Caesarfishinguytoo

Okay - I have seen that pic b4 too, now that I see it again! Thanks biglakeba$$

Now is there a different one than that one or is that it???

Thanks!!

tearin' lips

I don't know how all these rumors get started, but everyone always jumps to a conclusion. I am not saying that it is not possible, but we would have heard some solid evidence from a newspaper or resorts.

As far as that goes I also find it funny that no one has caught on to the same father in all the rumors. They started that one about the harbor down here in duluth not too long ago. I checked it out myself as well...the fish mentioned were caught in tobin lake saskatchawan...the same pic from the rumor can be acces by googling the key words mention two posts above. Nice fish though, but not caught on LOW.

Makes for a good read, but that's about it.

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing Guys!!

Old Guide

White-tips,I got the pic. of the big walleye from a friend. As kaz said it was sup. to have been caught by twin Is. on LOW. Sorry to say I deleted it from my comp. We'll just have to wait for Fisky to catch a new record for LOW!!! Pat p.s. put me down for a "pro boat" !!!!!

curt quesnell

White Tips and all,

Its funny that this is specifically NOT the fish caught on

Tobin when it is.

If you hear of a 36" Walleye it is not going to be a true

story. 34 is about all these fish will get. That 19 pounder

in Washington State was 34 inches long. Not to say its

impossible because there might be a mutant out there some

where but unless the story teller hands you a picture of the fish while

talking you can safely discard the information.

With the magic of Photo Shop and digital imaging its funny

we dont see more of these 36"ers.

polarsusd81

If you go to google and type in "tobin lake walleye father" like the other guy said, and click on the first link it brings you to a 10 pound club. There are two photos of "Father Walleye" on there right in a row from Oct. 25 of '04 and the picture has to be photoshopped or something. If you look at it, there is a transom mount trolling motor just behind the guy on his right. Nothing wrong with a trolling motor in a fishing picture, but he is in a camper style fish house from the looks of the photo. I don't know anyone that is going to try to power their fish house accross the lake with a trolling motor.

Just thought I would point that out.

Mark Christianson

I dont think thats in an ice house.

Its in a living room.

And if its from October, that pretty much seals the deal that its not in an ice house.