Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Walleye

question for eyewarrior

10 posts in this topic

eyewarrior, on your 111C (I think that's what you have?) do you have the 200 khz transducer or the dual transducer?

I've got the 110C w/o dual tranducer. I think the 50khz might work well on Mille or LOW pulling cranks. If I were to do it again and the cost is similar I think I'd get the double.

eyewarrior

thanks for the info

One more follow up question for Eyewarrior, or anyone else with Lowrance fish finder/GPS combo. I presume that if you have the dual frequency transducer, you can show both the 50 and 200 kHz screens, and the GPS screen all at the same time?? Or is it only split screen fish finder and you'd have to toggle back and forth between fish finder and GPS? Does anyone have a Lowrance with dual transducer and GPS, what do you think of it? I am considering a Lowrance fish finder/gps (with mapping). Eyewarrior, I would think the 50 kHz gives you more coverage to the sides, and would pick up some of the fish that move to the side when you are trolling. I currently have a dual transducer on my current fish finder and like it. Thanks.

HAHA I have a Lowrance and I need some major practice with it before I can answer any of your questions. I think I would really benefit to take a class on them or find someone who really knows how to use them to spend a day fishing with me.

You can only have 2 windows /split screen so not possible to have 50/200/gps all at once.

A question for you with the dual tranducer how accurate is the depth shown w/ the 35 cone? or do they compensate? Doesn't the 35 cone also show you the same information as the 12 just covers more area. I would think for trolling application you would only need the 35 cone. Where the 12 cone comes into play is on sharp breaks. Just my thoughts maybe my thought proccess isn't correct. For the extra $50 I would deffinatley get the dual cone!!

Doc Sampson is having a class in St Cloud at scheels 3-17

Google Bruce Sampson to get to his web site for information.

Thanks I will look into it!

In my "expert" (?) analysis, the 50 and the 200 seem about the same except the 50 seems to show a wider area and hence some more fish show up on the 50, like when trolling deeper water. I interpret it this way, if the fish mark is on both screens, the fish is closer to below the boat, but if it only shows up on the 50 screen, the fish is farther to the side. For me, for whatever reason, when trolling in deeper water (I have experimented with trolling over deep water on Green Lake for walleyes)a lot more fish show up on the 50 screen and as I said I interpret this as fish moving or being to the side, and I should be using planer boards.

Anyway, thanks for the input eywarrior.

Since I started this and for what it's worth, the lowrance website recommends a 200 khz for freshwater applications due to superior definition and target separation and the dual frequency transducer for saltwater and for downriggers on the Great Lakes due to the 50 can read deeper and wider, (but with less definition). confused.gif