Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hemlock

Extensions.....good investment, never have to worry again.

7 posts in this topic

I know that $30 or $40 can be tiresome to be dishing out all the time, but I have no regrets about buying my auger extension. I picked one up about 3 years ago, and I've used it on probably 6 fishing trips, but I feel it's paid for itself in those 6 uses/3 years. I carry it with me later in the season, in my backpack, in my pickup, in my portable, etc. It sure beats wondering if you are going to be "ok" without one. Food for thought.

I agree Hemlock. Just got back from LOW and there was 36" to 40" of ice where we were at. the resort was using them to punch through. Bill

Ya, I was complaining about the $27.50. However I have since been to Gull, 12 mile, and 16 mile. The extension has already made up for it's cost! 40 to 44 inches where we were. And ,yes,the bite was on.

Hey 2,when you say the "Bite"which are you refering,walts,perch,norts,sagies?or all the above?,(just wondering)I' grin.gifm leaving for points north this Wednesday can hardly wait!!!!c63

I was in Border Bait at LOW on Thursday morning and a fella was in there buying an exstention for his Jiffy, $42.00, Strikemaster charged me $27 for my 12". The guy running Border said he couldn't figure out why the big difference in pricing, but that Jiffy was spendy on all of there accessories. Regardless of the price, its a one time expense that last a life time, and makes life a lot easier when the ice is this thick. Bill

I always have my extension inserted to the 6" mark an if needed can quickly extend to 12" Hmmmm.. Theres a joke there I know. This year how ever with the 3 1/2 feet of ice an my camper house where the floor is another15" off the ice I prefab one at my work, so now the sucker is taller than I am an I'm six two, I can get another six out of it which i might need by the end of the season. I must be compensating for something. boar

OK ,Chris, we( the four of us) caught all of the species,except have not hooked any northerns yet.did get some good "eaters" in the walleye-sauger mix. The perch were really fat,full of eggs so started to not keep any that were able to swimm back down.