Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
squeedunk

cabelas camera weight replacement

4 posts in this topic

I have a cabelas underwater camera and lost the sliding weight down an ice hole last night as I was pulling it up crazy.gif. Does anyone know if they sell replacement weights?

I would take the camera to a hardware store & buy a big bolt that fits the bracket.

Squeedunk -

I hope you don't mind me asking but ... I'm finally caving in concerning the acquisition of an under water camera and am starting to do some research. How do you like your Cabela's camera? Have you used it on open water? How does it do for you?

Any feedback you can provide is appreciated. I was at Cabela's a couple of weekends ago and saw that they had a camera with their name on it but the floor model was broken so I couldn't get much of a feel for it VS the Aqua-Vu Scout.

Thanx in advance

gordy

Aside from losing the weight down the hole I really like the camera for the price ($200). I have not had much experience with other cameras but the picture quality on the cabelas camera is very nice. It has an infrared light for night time fishing but it isn't the best picture after dark. The camera picks up a lot of junk that's floating in the water and makes it difficult to see very far. In the daylight, you can see quite a ways, depending on how murky the water is. Overall, I am very happy with the camera and would feel lost ice fishing without it now. It works nice in open water too as long as you are not trolling along very fast. If you are moving along the camera will swing up off the bottom from the water pressure on the cord. I am sure this is the same with any other camera as well.

I am heading to cabelas today to see if they have a replacement weight for me.