• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Head'in to Independence tonight. Anyone know if they are biting?

Anyone been out there. It a good lake, but when you search

for it you find nothing. I have been going out their for years, but first time this year. Have had very good luck on south end at 18' bar, all the way to the 60 hole for walleyes and crappies. I live in princeton, its worth trip

down their. Its a equal to going to millacs for me.

Thanks,

SHACKBASH

Interested to hear how you do. I was out a couple weeks ago and couldn't muster anything but some small crappies. Fished mainly the south side where you described.

I want to try this lake sometime. Not too much further than tonka or med either.

I hope to hear you report back!

I have been out there several times and it seems to slow down ( the walleye bite that is ) If your on the move on the entire west end you will find bigger crappies. Don't leave out the 20+ deepth over by the bridge. I got some nice sunnies and crappies there. Good luck

Did not go out last night. It seems the weather man was right. I will be out their with in week,so if anyone has report or roads plowed cond.. Please advise. I am going to keep post alive. Will report if I go to any other lakes

this week.

THANKS<

SHACKBASH

Where can I access Independence in the winter? Or is the fee access at the park the only place?

OFF OF 19 YOU GO THROUGH A DEVELOPMENT ON THE NORTH END OF THE LAKE. HEAD WEST. THERE IS A TINY LITTLE PLAYGROUND FOR THE NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS. ITS DOWN THE STEEP EMBANKMENT. HOPE THAT HELPS

Anyone know how much snow is on the lake? I have a Ford Ranger. Will I be alright to drive out with getting my little truck stuck?

We checked Indy yesterday also. It looked like stuckville USA. I would not drive out in a Ranger until someone has blazed a trail or plowed.

Not the news I was looking for. Maybe I will just throw a lift kit on the Ranger before I head out. Thanks for the info.