Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
IceHawk

Snow Goose Reports And Sightings

IceHawk    454
IceHawk

Well thought this would be a good place for all of us to report any info on the snow goose migration,reports and sightings. From what I have heard Missouri has the bulk with Illinois following second. Nebraska also has a few birds starting to show up. I would assume with this weather alot of the birds are going to push back S.

jlm    0
jlm

Ya, it will be awhile yet before they get into SD and ND! Snow and cooler temps I am sure have pushed them back south a little. Lets just hope they do not fly through in a day like in some of the years past. All that exciteemnt for them to get here and they are gone overnight. What a let down! I am going to target them this year in MN! ND and SD are just getting too busy for me...lot more hunters than there used to be! Good luck All!

DCF    0
DCF

saw a canadian honker today and some snow geese yesterday

Dean Schellinger    0
Dean Schellinger

A friend of mine got news from his dad in Viborg just southwest of Sioux Falls that the lead geese were coming through. That was before the storm so its anyones guess what they are doing now. Most likely got pushed back south again.

carpshooterdeluxe    8
carpshooterdeluxe

trucker friend of mine said rainwater basin of nebraska is where they were. storms might have pushed them back south though...

dolsmi    0
dolsmi

Here is a recent post from the SD Light Goose Migration Info.

2007 Spring Light Goose Migration Update

(Includes Snows, blues and Ross' geese)

New snow goose status reports will be provided as we receive notice of major movements and concentrations. The information will also be available on the Sand Lake National Wildlife Refuge hotline (605) 885-6401.

**South Dakota resident light-goose hunters need a SD 2007 Migratory Bird Certification stamp in addition to their small game license.

**Nonresident hunters should note the Migratory Bird Certification is included as part of the nonresident snow goose license, so nothing else is needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 3/5/07:

Yankton area - Noticed a large push of whitefronts, cacklers and mallards and two small groups of snow geese showed up around Lake Yankton this morning.

winniewalleye777    0
winniewalleye777

I saw about 50 snows flying south over Marshall this weekend

walleyewacker    0
walleyewacker

Just heard from an hour south of Omaha and he hasnt seen a white bird in a couple days. Other guys I have talked to that have been huntin in southern NE say huntable numbers are still minimal this week. They are forecasting some very warm temps but there is still a lot of snow on the ground here to the border, I was just told that there is a couple feet on the ground yet by Lake Andes and east. There may be a few strays seen but I still give it a couple weeks and more before huntin really gets going, if we keep a warm weather pattern.

IceHawk    454
IceHawk

Rainwater basin in NE is reporting a pile of birds and more arriveing daily. They are starting to stack up down there and I'm getting excited! cool.gifcool.gif If I were to guess my first trip of the year in SD will be around the last week in March to first week of April. Alot will depend on the weather, last year I was in SD chaseing snows on March 16th. Time will tell but the countdown is getting closer! wink.gif

Finlander    0
Finlander

I was in SoDak last year around March 10th and we bagged 52!

jake125    1
jake125

Drove around and saw a about a thousand canadians around Springfield today. A couple snows mixed in here and there

HDRIDER02    0
HDRIDER02

Iwent to Spirit Lake in Iowa today and saw tons of geese inc. snows and mallards. We saw them from south of lake Hanska all the way into Iowa. Good to see the numbers of birds along with the pheasants also.Spring is right around the corner.I late season goose hunt the Rochester area but might try down south this year.

walleyewacker    0
walleyewacker

To say the first big push got here today would be an understatement. I was ice fishin on Thompson this morning and about 10 they came like a tidal wave. I literally did not see more than a couple here and there with dark geese before today. To make a long story short I scouted all afternoon and found good numbers anywhere from south of 34 in the Madison area and west of 81 to as far west as I went which was Thompson. For some reason Brookings county was pretty bare. It was just incredible to see widespread numbers show up in a minute like that. There is sheet water everywhere and it is going to be a messy spring huntin. They are still talking warm and south winds so hopefully they dont go as quick as they came.

Eric Wettschreck    0
Eric Wettschreck

I was ice fishing on Louisa yesterday. Saw TONS of honkers with a few snows and blues mixed in. Also, we saw quite a few mallards which is always nice to see.

dolsmi    0
dolsmi

Friends in Southern So. Dak..

Here is a picture of their hunt this weekend.

The snows have arrived in So. Dak...

[image]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u276/Dolsmi/Snows071.jpg?t=1173728810[/image]

Fish&Fowl    0
Fish&Fowl

WOW! That is a pile of birds and a beautiful spread of dekes. Now I know that I NEED to head to NoDak to give this spring snow hunting a try. Great pic!

Sartell Angler    0
Sartell Angler

um, yeah that looks kind of fun

Someday...

Flick    0
Flick

I'm taking a week off to hunt in a couple weeks. The way it looks the timing should be pretty good. Couple that with a killer spread and deadly guns in the decoys........it might get ugly!