Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walli1

The wait is almost over! SPRING!!!!!

44 posts in this topic

I'm so excited about getting down on the river, it's been along couple months but I'm feeling back to a 100%, now I am more then ready to get going, my boat has been in the shop getting fixed. Looks like the lund predator is getting another season on the water, 21 years of pounding water and it's not over yet. Nine years on the Croix, wow time sure goes by fast! I believe this year will be one filled with memories that will last a life time!

Good to hear you are doing well Walli1. I too am looking forward to a good spring bite. I may have to hit the ice a few times though before it opens up again. See ya on the water. cool.gif

I did alot of shorefishing on the croix last year, water was the lowest I've seen in years. I hope we get alot of rain this spring so I can hit the backwaters for bass and pike. Where's the best spots to find schools of white bass?

Look for bait fish or gulls and you'll be on them, the river has a good population and if you target white bass, your going to catch them. I agree that we need the rain, the river is really low and the forecast outlook doesn't look that great but the weather man is known to be wrong! Pray for rain and bring on the open water!100_2253_009.jpg

I hear ya Walli, can't wait for open water and get the new boat out. Only got to use it once last year. I'm glad you are back to 100%. Maybe we can meet up on the river during opener.

I'm looking forward to hooking up with you again this year, it's going to be a blast! I'll be on the river every saturday and sunday mornings like always, plus a few nights after work. I've found a couple more spots last fall that I've over looked in past years and they produced really well for me. 28 gps spots from the kinni to prescott I have now, seems every year I add a few more gems. Can't wait till open water!! DSC00525.jpg

I gotta tell ya Walli, I sure was praying for you after this falls "incident". I read your posts all the time and want to thank you for your shared knowledge. I LOVE the Croix and have been fishing it for about 7 years now. Can be one of the most beautiful stretches of river and one of the most baffling to fish, all in the same day! I'm so glad to hear your fine and I hope to see you on the water...

Breeze cool.gif

First of all Thanks for your prayers, God sure takes care of His kids! I anticipate a really good year on the river, I'm looking forward to the peaceful early morning hours before the sun comes up, I love seeing the sun come up over the banks of the Croix and the mist dancing across the water, its a time to reflect and be thankful for the all the blessings we have, so beautiful! 100_2751-1.jpg

It won't be long............

050502_01-1.jpg

OK, one more...

DSC00362.jpg

Glad your doing better Walli1, that is great news,

Stop with the pictures...I can't take it anymore...have the launches opened up yet? grin.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

What is it, 68 more days or something like that?

Look outside and see snow but in my mind I'm almost there!! 100_2746.jpg

Walli,

Good to hear you're OK... quite a scare last fall, huh?

Anyone interested in a Get-To-Together for opener? I know a bunch of guys on another site (the administrator probably wouldn't let me post it) that have some plans. Post your email address and I'll keep you informed of the plans.

CroixNewBee (YAHOO!)

Glad to hear your on the mend Walli1. Id be up for a get together,sounds fun. wvevans@qwest.com

is that a photo of that fantastic sunset from last fall?i just got mine back that i took on prior lake and it looks almost identicle.....

HEY - That looks like my Suzuki Outboard...... :-)

CRAPPIE TIME!!!

100_2260_013.jpg

Dang...... those are nice. From the Croix?

Is there any other place to fish?

Congrats then!!! My first year fishing it will start in the next few weeks. I would love to find some crappies like that.

Keep the pics coming!!!! It keeps me fired up.

Walli - Are those slabbers from a recent outing?

limit for crappie on the Croix is 25, so they may be from elsewhere since he has only 10. grin.gif