Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassphish2005

Little horseshoe

7 posts in this topic

I haven't fished for years on Little Horseshoe[the little lake by Stark] Was wonder if there are any reports on what is happening ? I know there were some access problems and other things going on in years past.

Fished it once in the summer. The guy that lives by there

said its not a public access. DNR says it is. Nice fish in the lake. Would like to fish it more but the guy said he couldn't guarantee my truck would be okay to drive if he saw it again. Real nice feller.

I used to fish the lake all the time,but now I cant get my boat and truck turned around with what he had done there

Should have gotten his name,sure the warden would want to hear about it? Sounds like a threat too me?

Sounds like a real nice guy??

Have you ever tried big Horseshoe across the street? The Landing is a lot better over there, very few crabby guys.

I tried big horse shoe last winter with not much success. It seemes that these smaller lakes get over looked by a lot of fishermen when Goose,Fish, west and east Rush are just up the road.

I also used to fish this lake, before the neighbor begin disputing the public access...

I've sent a copy of this thread to the DNR fisheries supervisor responsible for that area. Hope the DNR will make an effort to resolve this problem.

thanks, I wish people could just get along with each other

Not have to block access to public water

and be a general pain!

mad.gif

When I used to launch there I would just back in and pull out so I didn't have to turn around. I've had a chat with 'the guy that owns the landing' and explained to him how a dnr access works. I'll take no guff, sir. If you can get past the crabby guy fishing can be good. I try to stick to the weedlines.