Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ducks Unlimited Banquet & "Guns & Bucks" Raffle *Bucks for the Ducks*

1 post in this topic

*Carver County Ducks Unlimited*

Ice fishing is wrapping up and walleye opener is a ways off...sounds like a good time for a banquet!

Our banquet is on for April 20th at the Ballroom in Waconia. If anyone is interested in attending shoot me an email (address below)

We are also running a "Guns & Bucks" Raffle this year. 15 VERY NICE guns and 15 $250 cash prizes. Tickets are $20 each and we cap this raffle off at 1200 tickets to keep the odds of winning high. 1/40 chance of winning and we've got a good list of spendy guns this year. I'll give you a list if you are interested. Need not be present to win!

Please contact me if you have any questions at all. Thanks, lead em!

Mike Schmillen

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• papadarv
      The Eskimo crossover EVO are 2 person hubs on a sled. Thought you were looking for 4 person. I agree with eyeguy on the 949i moving, wind and vehicle block. I got my first one in 2011 which lacked a bit in quality and design. Eskimo replaced it in 2014 with latest design, much better unit. Part of the reason its tough to take down and put in bag is the amount of moisture the non-vented propane heaters produce (Mr. Heater and like). At 0 deg. frost will build up on the quilted seams which adds weight and bulk. At -20 the inside will turn totally white with frost so using a tie cord or bungee to tie it up till spring works well. The 949i serves 3 people nicely. 4 people is crowded with all the gear. I found the biggest challenge with moving is transferring all the gear in and out of the hub with 3 or 4. Not bad with two if you go light. I also added a fold-up floor to keep things off the melted ice, easier to heat and a bit less moisture. My buddy has a Clam 6 pack, the octagon version. Clam uses a lighter weight material so its about the same weight. Set up its about 9 ft. in diameter. Same amount of effort setting up, taking down and moving gear, frost buildup about the same its just a bit more room to handle 4 nicely.
    • jramsber
      Has anybody tried the crossover style shelters by Eskimo?
    • DRH1175
      I am a member at Forest Lake so that's where I shoot.
    • BringAnExtension
      I use fatheads year round.  Easy to get and stay alive for quite a while. 
    • eyeguy 54
      not the best if you want to move around a lot.  it's ok to drag it set up but a bugger if windy. if moving far not that tough to pop down and pop back up. when i fished in wind I used the vehicle as a block and that helped. also used the ropes with tie down screws when needed. but I tied nice ropes onto the hubs that were easy to work with.  I never used the bag till storing time in the spring. I just collapsed mine and used a few bungee cords to hold it together, much easier. good luck and have fun!