• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake ice

fishing tech

The news just should that a truck went through on Medicine Lake. Sunk to the bottum before they could get it removed.

I was out there on thursday afternoon.I drove out of hartys and headed up to the north end. Decided not to fish there . On the way back to more southern parts of the lake I noticed a small "buckle" and a darker section of ice that was about as wide as a road and extended from the point where the "smurf" house pretty much all the way to the east shorline. I stopped and walked over to check it out as I didnt notice it on the way to the north end and drove acrossed it. I was planning on drilling holes from west to east to find a spot I like to try but as I looked a couple hundred yards or so to the east, i swear I saw a couple of thin ice signs. They looked to be a little north of the mission farm towards the east side. I got back in the truck and went all the way to the point near the above said house to go around as much as possible. We fished out in the main lake but saw a couple of vehicles flying across the lake not too far from where the signs were.

All that being said, I guess it doesnt surprise me that someone went through. Which news had the report?

I can not believe that someone was dumb enough today to drive right up to the whole that the truck fell through last night but justice prevailed, they fell through. I'm sorry if that sounds cold hearted but DUH!

Apparently the guy drove right through the thin ice signs and fell in the same hole! He must be from Stearns County wink.gif

Well, I will be holding back on what I think is the lack of intelligence and common sense. The first guy who went through is a long tome friend and I ache for what he went through. The second guy was bombed at 10:30 in the morning. I heard he blew a .26. He has been a problem out here and elsewhere for years. I'll leave it at that, needless to say he has not been welcomed at my shop for years.

Lakeman

I can understand the first guy. Terrible accident. The second??????? Kinda make me say Hmmmmm. I hope he gets evrything possible thrown at him. Dui, reckless endangerment, ect. Its one thing that they put thier own lives at risk, but what about any rescue attempters. I know I could just sit and watch if I saw someone go threw. I would try to help asap. But I would be P.O.ed to find out he was bombed and put me in a situation because of stupidity.

As soon as I saw Joes open water report I told my wife some one would go thru tomorrow.

Let's nominate these fools for the Darwin Award -

Quote:

Honoring those who improve the species by

accidentally removing themselves from it,...