• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

!!!!!!!!!!! OPEN WATER ON THE BAY !!!!!!!!!!!

I just talked to a guy that came off the river near the airport. He was headed near an area that we'd been on Wednesday (over lots of ice). Got there tonight and it was open water!!! This is on the east end of the bay near the airport. There is a lot of current in the form of warmer water coming out of Superior moving up the bay and it is stipping ice away as it moves over the shallow flat. Head out there if ya' gotta but use your head. With the current ripping like it is, if you go down you're gone 'til they find your body this spring...

Lota Lota...

Thanks for the heads up Scott! I believe thats the same area a man out walking fell in about a week or so ago. Springs in that area make it so its never really safe.

Be very careful out there everyone! With a little snow cover it will get tricky. I surely wouldnt drive a vehicle out there!

Bring your picks and a tossable floatation on a rope. You may save a life or someone may save yours.

Its not worth a life no matter what!!!!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Thanks for the heads up!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

bump

With all this snow we are getting a lot of slush on the river and some shore lines are sagging and getting wet for about 10-20' out. Went out last night and it was all we could do to keep the wheeler moving forward. Still some guys driving out but I wouldnt recomend it. Never know what you will or wont find under all this snow.

Fishing started out ok but quickly died off. Im sure this snow cover and front had a big part in it of course. We were on fish they just wouldnt go once it got a little dark.