Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MN-FishGuy

Lakes near St. Louis Park?

2 posts in this topic

I'm not all that familiar with lakes in the metro area, so i'm looking for a good sunfish lake near St. Louis Park. I have a friend that lives there and she wants to go fishing, so i'm just looking for a lake with some consistent action. I don't need any spots or anything, just some names of some lakes. Also, any info on whether or not that particular lake is safe to drive on would be helpful as well. Thanks for help.

Drive up 169 to Medicine Lake, careful though, there's open water on the lake. I caught 7 keeper crappies last night. Get there about an hour before sunset. There's sunnies and small perch too.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• CJH
      Thanks Kunzi, that's is exactly the type of feedback I am looking for.  I didn't now Batteries + carried them now.  I was in there a year or two ago and they said they had stopped carrying them due to quality issues.  They must have worked those out.  Please post what brand/model you bought and how your test goes.    Thanks!
    • pschmitz53@yahoo.com
      Yep I am Tim Jones... Thanks for the ice update.
    • tworiversman
      Just wondering what's everyone's PB best pike? Mine was just shy of 42 inches 
    • tworiversman
      Lol! Its KILLING me that the ice has been late for 2 years in a row. Wish we could go back to 2014, I was ice fishing the weekend before thanksgiving.  
    • Neighbor_guy
      Love my munchkin. I have mine set up as a spear shack.    One thing i do I do wish is that it pulled better with my snowmobile. Works great behind the wheeler but if I need to use the snowmobile I have major issues. Need to have studs added to make it work in the future.