Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DEADhead

rideable snow?

19 posts in this topic

anybody else hoping for enough snow this weekend to ride sleds one last time? or are you guys all worried about getting them perms off, or fishing before the season closes?

Yepper.

Strap yourself on, my Brother.

Long Prairie now has about 18-20 inches of snow.

We got at least a foot of snow at my house, I'm sure there's more out there, especially as you go futher southeast. The trails are in great shape right now in the Detroit Lakes area. I was on the Lakes-Vergas trails yesterday and this morning for a few hours both days. I put on about 80 miles. Lots of virgin powder out there yesterday and this morning. Surprisingly not a lot of riders were out yet. Some trails along the ditches were getting difficult to ride due to the amount of snow; darn near got stuck a couple of times. Here are a few pictures from this morning:

trail2me5.jpg

trail1he6.jpg

trail3rt3.jpg

hitman, did you ever get out to ride last weekend?

I just got back from a 3 day trip to LOTW for our FOP Fishing Derby. We spent Sunday riding sleds near Baudette (sp?). They got some snow!!!! We put on about 100 miles...80 of which was on trails...and we were the first to break thru the powder....what fun. There was so much snow, my friend plugged his air intakes and his sled had over-heated before he realized what was going on....melted all the wires and hoses...we had to retrieved it later that night...not so much fun. I only get to go sledding once a year (this particular derby weekend).....this snowmobiling thing can sure be addictive. Oh, by the way, my friends tell me I am the "KING" of "gettin stuck". Thank the lord I have friends that are willing to dig me out..... tongue.giftongue.gif

FOP2007019.jpg

FOP2007013.jpg

FOP2007010.jpg

dang cliffy, looks like hitman gave you some "riding" lessons tongue.gif

glad you had funriding last weekend. It was a blast blasting through virgin trails around here last weekend. That one picture of your stuck is what it will probably look like around here this weekend: lots of powder!

Deadhead:

None of those pics are of stuck sleds. I was just trying to show how much snow they have.

There was three of us riding...and I was the only one that brought a camera...and I am wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too smart to let my friends hold onto my camera as I tried to get un-stuck. Trust me, if there were any pics of me stuck..it would just look like snow with my helmet poking out the top............ grin.gif

my bad. I suppose you don't want to post any incriminating photos of yourself tongue.gif

looks way too fun guys, winter is finally here with more snow on the way. Now I wish I had a sled, Or a close lake so I could go play with the wheeler. ride safe

Dead --

How many times do I have to tell you -- us Polaris/Ford fellas get the rest of you boys unstuck. grin.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

hitman, I broke the mold with the purchase of the sled; I'm a Ford man myself. Arctic + Ford = ????? If they would have been practically giving away a FST touring I would have gotten that instead of the t660.

besides, my four stroke, aside from being heavy, has got enough torque to pull out other sleds easily. tongue.gif

Yeah, I am teasing you. You did get a great deal on a good sled. Not a Great one, mind you, but a good sled.

Maybe you could buy a Polaris sticker and trick some of the not-so-smart people??? grin.gifcool.gif

Well My Artic Cat fits in my ford just fine.

Paul --

I am surprised to hear it fits in a Ford. Ho w often do you have to change the littler box with those Itty Bitty (contact us) Kitties?

Meow? wink.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

Hitman,

It used to fit in a chevy but after 300,000 miles I couldn't stand the smoke.

[image]littlemudyupload.jpg[/image]

Nice pic Paul.

Reminds me of the movie Tommy Boy when "Tommy" got full of mud and cow pies and his "brother" had to hose him off with gasoline. "he's a mainiac, maniac ..."

That was funny stuff.

I hope that didn't happen to you. wink.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

Na that was all field mud after a 9" rain over labor day weekend 2 years ago. We rode for 3 days in the rain, the last day was tough because of all our trails being underwater so we hit the girlfriends fathers slough beds and spent hours upon hours of getting muddy.