• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone know of someone willing to sell and deliver a cord of good firewood to a cabin on Pine Island? Delivery could be made now or in the spring.

Lunker,

Sorry to jump on your thread but I would like to add to your question on where can one cut there own firewood. Lots of woods out there but I do not know who owns the properties. I do not want to take standing timber just blow downs etc.

Quote:

Lunker,

Sorry to jump on your thread but I would like to add to your question on where can one cut there own firewood. Lots of woods out there but I do not know who owns the properties. I do not want to take standing timber just blow downs etc.

Find a place that's being logged off, ask the guys working there if you can pick up the stuff on the ground,

The US Forest Service sells permits for getting your own firewood. Dead and down, this would also apply if you are getting firewood from a Federal Timber Sale. The State, DNR, or County may have something similiar. I would check with them. However if it is a private parcel being logged then I would check with the logger and or owner. You just can't go cut dead trees from anywhere.