Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Big Jeff

Urgent Help needed in metro area

Big Jeff    0
Big Jeff

I have promised my 4 yr old nephew some ice fishing on Sat. But I just had to pull my shack off of Bald Eagle last night. So I don't know where to take him. This would be his first outing ever so I really want him to have fun. I don't really care about size I just want him to get something out of the hole. And I don't want to have to haul him across the lake. I know all of you remember that first time so if you could help me find a spot for Sat. around noon where he is most likly to catch something anything would be sweet. Thanks in advance.

broman    0
broman

I've been out 3 times to Medicine Lake and have always been able to pull out some small perch from the lake. I just took my 3 year old out for the first time this week. Make sure you let him/her scoop some minnows and put the non-keeper fish back into the hole. Mine thought that was the best part of the trip.

Swanny2    12
Swanny2

Not sure how far you want to travel or where for certain you call home but of late Lower Prior has been producing fairly consistant action on frying sized sunnies. Seems to be better earlier in the morning though, 8-10am. Need to go small, using a quick set, and anything black. 22-24 fow. Hope this helps gain another lifetime fisherman smile.gif

Big Jeff    0
Big Jeff

Thanks, my buddy just told me that by the landing on WBL there are little perch everywhere. ANy one else fished there?

Big Jeff    0
Big Jeff

I am in Saint Paul, so close to there would be nicer. THnaks And I see a lot of people have veiwed but not posted anything. Help a guy out, just trying to get the little guy into fishing. He already spent an hour at preschool fake icefishing, this kid is need of the real thing.

Ebiz    1
Ebiz

You could try Island Lake off of 694 & Victoria. You can catch 4" sunnies one right after another till you run out of waxies. If you enter the park off of Victoria and drive around the north end of the south part of the lake to the landing just walk out a little ways.

Otherwise Johanna in Roseville is full of little perch as well.

Big Jeff    0
Big Jeff

Never given that one a chance good option thanks.

Has any one been out on Jane much this year? I remember being out there and getting into some pannies and it wasn't far from shore either, can you drive out there?

JBMasterAngler    156
JBMasterAngler

Since your in St. Paul, Owasso would be the most convenient place. You only have to go out like 200 yards from the access. I caught a bunch of perch and small walleye out of there last month. The crappie fishing is supposed to be really good too.

dilleyo    0
dilleyo

If you are thinking about Jane....there are a lot of little sunnies and little pike all over. If you want crappies, I've only been able to get them right after dark for about 15 minutes, but the action is awesome.

bapperpimp    0
bapperpimp

I can vouch for Medicine and WBL. Go anywhere on Medicine or right in front of the landing on WBL and you can catch all the perch you want.

ChemE    0
ChemE

South end of lake Phalen has many, many sun fish and a few crappies. There is even parking spot there. Just head north from the edge of the ice and drill holes.

dilleyo    0
dilleyo

If you are just looking for action, go to Powers Lake in Woodbury. I was out tonight and I could only fish 1 hole there were so many perch. All of them were small except 1 I might have been able to keep. They were bighting my minnow before the bobber stop even got to the bobber. I was out for only about an hour, but probably caught 40 perch. Then it got dark and they totally stopped bighting. So if you are just looking for action and not looking to catch anything to eat, this lake is my suggestion. Good luck if you go out.

bgreen82    0
bgreen82

i was gonna suggest powers too. anywhere along the north side of the lake in about 12 to 15 feet of water will nail you sunnies and perch. 100% chance if you take the walk to the far end of the lake from the parking lot. not too far as its a small lake. good luck.

phin101    0
phin101

Has there been any crappies coming out of Johanna this year? I used to do well out there fishing the saddle south of the launch. No size to speak of but lots of action.

Turtle lake in shoreview is a lake I used to hit if I was planning on walking out. You can fish just off the launch in shallow water for sunnies and pike or go deep, 28 ft to find crappies after dark. Drill a lot holes until you see fish on the locator, if you have one.

Mr. Pike1    0
Mr. Pike1

Jeff, all good options have been suggested. I think Owasso a good spot for kids. Walk out from the access 100-200 yards and you should be on the small crappies

UdeLakeTom    0
UdeLakeTom

Gervais is also good right out from the beach house...lots of small sunnies and perch.

Big Jeff    0
Big Jeff

Thank you to everyone who posted, took the little guy out and right when he got the line down he had a perch. Then a couple more and he was about good, it slowwed down a little and he started to ask his Dad "Where are the fish, it shouldn't take this long" But all in all he lasted a solid 2 hours on his first outing on the ice. Thanks again for all your help and good luck on the ice!!!