• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If I see one more picture of a guy holding a trophy Northern, caught out of Silver Creek I'm gonna puke. Don't get me wrong I'm happy he caught the fish but,THROW IT BACK!I know its a fish of a lifetime but have a camera or just measure it and you can get a replica made that looks exactly like your fish.

You know every time the P.B. publishes a picture like this there is gonna be 50 guys with big sucker minnows and tip-ups going after their trophy.Guys this is a small pond its not Lake Mille Lacs,it needs to be a catch and release only for the Northerns.Its time the DNR puts some lower limits on the area reservoirs so the bigger fish can be preserved

R Dawg

I'm not sure what you are referencing. I gather someone caught a northern out of that little pond and the paper published a picture?

Thursday's Post Bulliten "Catch of the week" has a picture of a guy with a 20# Northern taken from Silver Creek Reservoir.Hopefully, the guy released it after the picture.

why are you so quick to jump on the guys back for keeping a trophy pike? if the guy is not breaking the law then why not be happy for him. who knows he may have been fishing for 40 years and finially just got the one for the wall. i have not read the story or seen the pics but, for every trophy took out i would like to believe there are many more released.

I actually caught a nice one yesterday on a little less controversial body of water. Believe it or not I was actually jigging for pike when I got her. Hopefully Tyler will be able to post it for me.

I agree with Res Dawg that there are going to have to be limitations on what is kept out there. I personally haven't fished there myself but once all the controvesy settles down it would be a nice place to go. I just hope all the decent size fish haven't been fished out by then like Kalmer has.

So I have a better understanding of this post. Can somebody explain to me what all the controversy is and also where Silver Creek is? ? ? Thanks guys

Nice fish Crickshop! I love seeing pictures of people holding up a big fish and its even better if they release it. The picture in the PB wouldn't bother me so much if it had been caught in a bigger lake but, our little ponds around here can only hold so many of the bigger preditor fish.once they're gone all you will end up with is a bunch of 5" sunnies and 6" perch.

A couple weeks ago I was with my brother when he picked up his replica of a 14 3/4" perch it looks every bit as good as the real thing and will last longer.

Quote:

I love seeing pictures of people holding up a big fish and its even better if they release it. Our little ponds around here can only hold so many of the bigger preditor fish. Once they're gone all you will end up with is a bunch of 5" sunnies and 6" perch.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hey Matti, Fess up. Who actually caught that one for you? Ha ha!!

You'll have to come down to Winona some time yet this year. Fishing has been so-so but you know the beer is always good.