• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this warm weather these past couple days has really put the cabin fever into me! smile.gif So, along the lines of open water (yes, open water!), is it too early to start talking about a spring get-together? Was there going to be plans for a spring gathering? Before or after walleye opener?

Sorry, just couldn't help myself! grin.gif I've got it bad. crazy.gifgrin.gif

We could always have one on one of the better pannie lakes. No reason not to. I would come. I know of a place that would do very well for some nicer panfish for sure. smile.gif

Yep, I got some ideas for them too. wink.gif I was just curious if there was going to be one. Weekends are filling up slowly but surely already. And if there was going to be a spring get-together, I'd want to lock it in.

From what I have seen in the past for a good shallow pannie bite, I would guess it would need to be around middle to late April. Late April would have the fish in pretty shallow water depending the the temps for that time of year.

Anyone else have any ideas. All we would need to do is set a date and go with it.

Otter, what do you think about this???? I have two lakes in mind that I believe would work well for this.

It would be nice to have it in mid May for nicer temps but, if we get into a very good bite, to many fish and the nicer females would get caught right before spawning.

You have that one right. No panfish bite can compare to those Sturgeon. As far as that goes, almost no fish can compare to a big one. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Maybe we could do it on the last Saturday of April and I would go with Washington. But, no one can follow me around and see all my better spring panfish spots. wink.gif If I gave up those spots, Matt would probably be a little upset with me. frown.gif

I'm working on getting something set-up for Saturday, May 5. Details to follow by mid-March.

Right before the opener eh? I might just have to troll lindy rigs with a crappie minnow. wink.gif