Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dilleyo

LAKE ELMO

5 posts in this topic

Anyone fishin' out there? I've been on lake Jane lately and been doing good on the smaller pike during the day and some nicer crappies after dark. I was just looking for a spot to get a couple of trout mixed in with the crappies. Any help would be appreciated.

I'd look for them suspended over deep water (50 ft or so). They stock adult trout so they're pretty good sized...use a large crappie minnow or chub under a tip up...you'll probably get some nice pike too

What depth were you getting crappies at on Jane? I've been out there a few times this winter and had little luck fishing 14 to 17 feet. There's been a few shacks just off the launch that have hung in all year. They must be getting something.

Did anyone see my ice shack fly across the lake and flip during wednesday's gail? That would have been fun to watch. Me trying to reassemble will also be fun to watch.

I've been fishing the crappies out in 30 ft. Allthough the bigger ones have come out of nowhere and hammered anything I've put down there about 6 ft under the ice. Kinda weird I never even marked them on the vex, just dropped the line down and they were slamming a minnow on any jig I put down. It only lasts about 15 minutes, but it is a blast. I tried moving to different holes after they stopped biting, but nothing.

Anyone know if you can drive out on this lake? Anyone know of any spots to avoid? I was thinking of trying it today. Thanks for any info..