• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Melissa, Sallie

I would like to do some fishing for Northerns this weekend. How are the access on Mellisa and Sallie? Are they passable and safe with a SUV. Any other info I would need to know about?

SKI

Last Monday the access on Melissa was really heaved up. I drive a full size Chevy truck and I was bottoming out trying to get back over the heave. I wouldn't want to try it with an SUV unless someone cut out the heave this week.

I was out on Sallie twice last weekend. I thought the access was OK, there was a guy stuck there with a 2 wheel drive s-10 pulling his ice house off. We hooked up the tow rope and pulled him right out. I had no probs at all in the excursion. I don't think i even put in 4 wheel drive. Fishing report: Sunday 22 eyes, mostly 8-11 inches. I think we had 6-8 that went about 14-15 inches. Monday: slower, shouldn't of changed spots. Good luck. I am heading west this weekend. Nooner