Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
howpeculiar

Fish house question....

4 posts in this topic

I am not sure where to post this....

I have a clam 6800, and I added carpet to it, and like it alot. HOWEVER, my wife would prefer we had something abit warmer and comfortable. I have been looking online at several of the trailer conversions with the tip up wheels, and I wonder about that idea. Expensive, but convenient. My biggest question is how heavy are these things? I have been thinking that something in the 14 to 18 foot range would be perfect (gotta have a potty for the Mrs.), but I wonder how many feet of ice it takes to support them. Not a problem now with 2 feet on the lake, but I would hate to tie that much money into something to find it is only usable 2 or 3 weeks a year. My truck isn't exactly light either, 07 2500HD. I am driving it out now, though have mostly been using my old fishing truck (rusty old brown 88 Suburban), and don't worry if there is 15 inches or more, but add a trailer that size, and how much ice do you need to use it safely? Can anyone give me some guidlines, and maybe a few reviews of trailers they have used? Thanks.

You should contact Ed at Sportsmans. He's a sponsor on this site. He can give you some good info.

usaully you look for around 18inches to pull a wheelhouse witha truck......the weight will depend on what you have in them......some are towed by 4 wheelers and are used earlier in the season otherwise you look to go north in december and usually jan/feb you can use them around most of the state.......not much help from me but gives you a little idea.....once you have a hard house though they are quite fun to fish and stay in!!!! nothing better than cooking pizzas, watching tv, drinking, and catching fish in a comfortable house!!

if you would be interested in a lighter house i have 6'x8 1/2 for sale on wheels big door in the back for a 4 wheeler 6 holes