Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
South_Metro_Slayer

owasso

8 posts in this topic

was out wendsday night caught a bunch of eyes, biggest being 18' caught about fifteen in twenty minutes all released, alot of 12's but was really fun anybody hittin crappies out here

where abouts did you catch those because when i was out there i set up on the other side from the landing by all the other shacks on the other side of the lake in about 20' and caught billions of tiny perch... Then at about 5 i moved into 12' and had one bite after dark which could have been an eye but dont know forsure.. Any general direction would be nice and thanks...

Ryan

I cant give up my spot, but I'll tell u this I drilled one hole and it was seven feet i took about three steps drilled another hole and it was 14-15 feet. I was on a sweet ledge and will be going back with bigger minnows. That night all i had was crappie minnows and they were hungry.

were headed out again tonight i wont say when tell u how i do tomorrow

We were headed to Mille lacs but the storm forced us to stay close to home. Had some luck in 26 ft but most were smaller perch. Found the walleye very hungry at the height of the storm. First eyes through the ice. Not to mention the full blown storm goung on around us. Great times! Now we wait til May for more walleye action!

interesting bite. i went out there to waste and afternoon and ended up doing quite well. i didnt expect much with the weather, but was pleasantly suprised with a couple of nice 16" fish for the pan. that was the highlight. the low light of the weekend was a 15" bull head. thought i had a decent eye on and then ol whiskers comes up.

cant figure out where anyone is catching these eyes never caught one out there. Anyone wanna give me a tip for next year now that the seasons over???

i ran into a guy three years ago that told me he catches literally a hundred or so eyes every year during the winter. didnt believe him, but i worked for about 3 trips catching nothing but little perch and crappies before i got on them. i didnt kill them by any means last weekend, but i did ice 20 or so with most being around 10", but had a couple in the 16" range and one about 18. wierd bite though. they larger fish all bit around 5 to 530 and then the little ones moved in after that and quit marking fish by 630. the larger fish all had small bluegills in their bellies. i think they move out of the deep water and then into shallow water towards dark. sorry i cant be more specific; it's a very small lake. hope that helps some.