Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riverratpete

Mcquade access

9 posts in this topic

Have they built this access yet? saw them getting all the rubble together for it but haven't been up there since. Will it be usable this spring by chance?

Yes it should be open this spring I can not wait this will help out a lot for smaller boats.

Last time I saw it was in september and they had most of it completed. I'm planning on going there for the MN opener, hopefully it'll be done by then

It looks just about done now...I saws some guys ice fishing in the little harbor last week...one guy had his truck out there.

I can't wait. I would love to troll along there but I am not brave enough to launch from Loon's foot and boat all the way to the French grin.gif

Is the fishing good in that area in may? What can I expect to catch?

Loopers

Cohos

King Salmon

Lake trout

Steelhead

Most likely if you are fishing in close it will be a looper or Coho Salmon.

If the big pond is too windy I was gonna hit the st. louis as a backup. Because it's the walleye opener (and the st. louis opens 2 weeks earlier) will it be less crowded there than normal?

The St. Louis does not open 2 weeks earlier, it's the same as the rest of MN, unless they have made a significant change in the 2007 regs, which I have not seen or heard anything yet?