Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenn57

fishin report feb 18 weekend

9 posts in this topic

was up last weekend by talmoon fishin. heres my report. water way to dirty to spear. bowstring stunk, as so did your little lake. perch where ok on winnie. cutfoot had a couple crappies.

Well, by the sounds of it, at least you made the rounds and got to experience different lakes and locations. Too bad you couldn't hit one day, one lake, that highlighted the weekend. I just wish I could have an open weekend to get up to the cabin and fish. Cut Foot crappies will start to bite better and Bowstring crappies will always be a hit or miss option. Jumbo sunnies on my lake will pick up too. The way things are lookin', I'll finally get back up in the area the weekends of 3/10 and 3/17.

Been kinda quite on this forum....hoping someone is having fun somewhere, someplace.

I caught about 50 fish (mostly small perch) in the high banks area on winnie. I kept 2 walleyes and half a dozen nice perch...would've been able to cover more ground if it wasn't so windy out

woollman99, weather permitting we will be up there 3/17 weekend with probably the same agenda as last weekend,winnie cutfoot, bowstring and maybe sunfish lake. where is yours? ha ha

When does the ice fishing come to an end up there? And when usually is total ice out?

Glenn, it's called Lake Paglaroni. grin.gifgrin.gif

Depending on weather, I am planning on hitting URL for crapps during the better weekend day....it's only 1 hour 15 minutes from my place. Otherwise, I'll be at my usual haunts in the area both weekends. I'll let you know for sure later...perhaps we can cross paths.

As far as ice out in the area, end-April is the average. Depends on the amount of rain and amount of wind. I still ice fish right up until I can no longer get on the ice safely from shore. Can't tell you the times I've been out fishing when it's an easy hop to get on the ice in the AM, and then find a 12' area of open water from shore in the PM.....I have found that I cannot walk on water. grin.gif

So I should be good through the month of march then? I'll be sure to bring my rubber raft.

woollmann99, ifyou go up the weekend before 3/17 let me know how you did and maybe a littleinfo on bowstring, cut foot, winnie. thanks

woollman99, almost forgot i konw right where lake paglaroni is. ha ha