Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Milkdud

Night bite?

13 posts in this topic

I have not ice fished Upper Red since the walleyes have become legal so this may be a dumb question but is there a night bite for walleyes on this lake? I know crappies will bite at night but wasn't sure if the walleyes will hit at night. Any information would be great.

If you want to sleep don't put the rattle reels down at night. My girl and I were up over valentines and has a reel going off atleast every 25 minutes. All walleyes except for one lone 14inch crappie.

I can think of worse reasons to be woke up. Fish on.

The last time I was on URL we were in about 10' of water the first night and the walleyes bit all night. The next night we were in 13.5' and barely had a bite.

More and more of a intense flurry of crappies just after dark. Just like the "good old days". cool.gif

We were just up for the weekend and spent two night. Didn't catch a fish from 7pm to 6:30am. Once the sun went down nothin until about 1/2 hour before sunrise. We had 8 rattle reels down the whole time. Lively minnows, lines set at the depth as during the day when we caught fish. Once that sun came up though, fish on!!

Always had good luck at night on walleyes. Seems about every hour or so you'll get some action.Reminds me of an old girl friend. She told me it was either her or fishing. I do kinda miss her smirk.gif

Nice Fishn addict!! Just the way Brad Paisley says " I am gonna miss her!"

A week ago we were out about 6 miles and didn't get a lousy bite all night. Guess we shoulda been shallow. We sure had good action during the day though.

We were out about 6 miles and the guys that stayed in the permanent had great walleye action all night long. In fact monday night they didnt get any sleep. The 3 crappies we got monday also came between 9pm and 11pm.

I was up last Saturday night. The fish bit well until about 9:30 or 10:00 PM and then completely shut down until 6:15 the next morning. Solid action except during those hours. We were in 13 feet.

Just wondering, Do most rental houses come with Rattle wheels ? Using Agassiz second weekend in March -

Was up there last weekend and really didn't catch any walleyes from 10pm til 5 am. I did however catch a crappie and a perch during the middle of the night.