• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cranker

harvey lee

I would like to say Thank-you to Cranker and Appeldoorn's Resort for all the great info they have provided for the FM world. Between ice reports and fishing reports, you have surely helped many have a wonderfull and safe time on the big pond.

A job well done goes out to THE CRANKER. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Cranker,

Thanks for the great day on the ice today. Alex thinks you're a "pretty cool dude". I will post pics as soon as I get a chance. I will call you this weekend to hook up and pay off my "DEBT" laugh.gif

Tom,

We thank you for all the nice things you say and do for us here at Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort. FM has been a great organization to work with. From Rick, Deitzer to you Tom and PW(Paul Waldowski) and all FM people that have come to Appeldoorn's this winter, its been our pleasure to have you come and stay with us!

Chuck, Marylin,Brian and Amy,Justin, Jon and myself very much appreciate all the nice things said on this site about us, and hope that we can continue our new relationships with all of you not only in the winter months but also through out the year.

I want all the FM people to know that you all have been exactley the type of clientel that any resort would want! You are all very kind people, and we very much appreciate you.

As for myself, I wouldn't have dreamed how this site would have changed my life so much. I really have a passion for fishing and hunting. I love this lake and really am fortunate to be able to wakeup and fall asleep everyday along this beautiful lake at this beautiful resort. It truely is a dream come true for me personally.

Now, I am able to share the Mille Lacs Lake events with all of you. Its been a lot of fun and am embarrassed at how many of you FM'ers have sort of made "The Cranker" someone that you want a picture or autograph from. I am truely blessed by the Appeldoorn's for giving me this opportunity at their resort, and to Fishingminnesota.com for bringing me on board, and for all of you FM'ers that have welcomed me into your fishing lives.

Its been just great! Thank you to everyone!!!

Fish On!!!

Cranker: Did not get the oppurtunity to meet you this year, however I truly enjoyed and read every one of your postings. Your information was down to earth, concise and right to the point, and I do not recall one post where anything was said negativley regarding any other operation on the lake. Hope to meet you in the future. Thanks again, for this winter season info. Bill

Cranker is that really you.

I was at your resort last year,labor day weekend with my wife two kids and nine other friends...we all LOVED the resort and the friendly people especially you... well i think it was you.I was looking at your park models when I met a bigger guy smirk.gif dark hair, I believe he was driving a white lincoln and he had something to do with the park models on the southwest corner of the lake.Anyway he was one of the nicest guys I have ever met and had a ton of knowledge on (Contact Us Please) fishing and alot of helpful information, all for a guy he had never met before. You are really a stand up guy.

I hope to see you this Friday I will be stopping by to pick up more business cards, I am working on a group of about 20+ people to stay at your resort Memorial Day weekend.Stop by, say hi,have a drink or even go fishing with us... I need to pick your brain somemore. smirk.gif

I still have the same truck and boat (red silverado red pro-v 2025 le )

Cranker

Just want to say your ice houses r sure nice n comfy. The cots r very comfy n I had good sleep. I had good time staying at nbr 7 with tunrevir last sunday n monday. We lost some fish and caught my first eelpout at 120am in the morning.u sure put ur shacks on right spots I caught most of my jumbo perch in ur shack.. Hopefully I can come back next year n stay in one of your sleepers.

Thanks!

Ole matty

Ole Matty,

It was my pleasure to have met you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Appeldoorns Sunset Bay Resort!

Come and see us again soon!

Fish On!!!

I thought so !!

See ya soon.

What is (contact us please) in my post? Or did I do that? I'm not so smart when it comes to computers.

Cranker...

I will be seeing you on friday, checking in with my father for the wknd to rent house number 22. Just make sure you dont move Mr Bartz into a better spot then us lol grin.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  
    • jim curlee
      I had a guy hit me with a lightly used 1969 BAR, he wanted $1650 with an older Leupold scope. More than I think they are worth, I made an offer, he declined end of story.   You know if you look at the old brochures, a grade II BAR sold for $250 in the late 60s, $1650 would be a good return on your investment.    Why would anybody want a 50 year old gun, they are heavy, have wood stocks, and blued metal.  I guess mainly to keep their gun safes glued to the floor. lol   You can probably buy a stainless rifle that you never have to clean, with a synthetic stock you never have to refinish, is as light as a feather, and for half as much money, perfect.   I'm too old for a youth gun, although I've shrunk enough that it would probably fit. lol   No Ruger 10/44s.   Jim      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.