Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frogtosser

blade exchange

14 posts in this topic

I need a sharp set of blades for my 8" strikemaster, anywhere around exchange blades?

Strikemast factory in Big Lake will do an exchange. Bill

Southside Gas and bait in Richmond exchanges blades.

Can you mail in your blades for an exchange with strikemaster? Or do you have to drive down to Big Lake?

You can do both... Go to Stikemasters website, it will provide the information you are looking for, print out the PDF form and send form and blades back to them.

Thanks hunting, do you know how long the turn around is on the mailing? I suppose if I want to use my hand auger b4 the end of the year, I may as well drive down there.

I had a buddy of mine mail them on a Monday and got a returned pair back before that weekend. It was mailed from St. Cloud...I'm not certain what shipping method he used, but if I was to venture to guess, he sent them parcel or priority at best.

I need mine by friday for a URL trip.

If you are interested in other Stikemaster products it's not that far of a jaunt to Big Lake to check out other specials they may have. They have them posted on their website. What I did was, ponied up and bought brand new blades so had a sharp set on my auger the start of this season, then did the exchange on my old ones, so I always have an extra set with me...Just in case!

Good Luck on URL....A group of us are headed up there the 2nd wkend in March in search of the Mother Load of slabs!

Check out the Blacksmith shop in Rice they will sharpen them and they do a great job!

Check with Walstedts saw service in Sauk Rapids. They have done an excellent job with my auger blade sharpening.

I have a swedish saw I use to cut spear holes. Do you think they would sharpen that also?

I know they cover a wide array of items for sharpening. I'm not sure about the swede(nils?)saw, but Kenny has a lot of experience.

IceHawk

What does Southside charge for a new set of blades for a Lazer with a exchange? Do the new blade cut good? Thanks for the info IceHawk!!

Bart Sterling