• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

H20 Power Cord

fishhook8

Question

My cigarette lighter cord quit working. My unit is about 2 years old. I called Lowrance today, waited a long time to talk someone. He took my address etc. and said he would send me a new one no charge. I have been reading about lots of problems with this cord, just thought I would pass it on.

9 answers to this question

There is a fuse inside the cigarette lighter adaptor. Unscrew the part on top and the fuse is in there. Be careful it is spring loaded. Could be the fuse is blown.

My fuse is fine, as the light on the plug in comes on, but as of yesterday the unit says there is no external power source hooked up when it is plugged in.It has worked good up until yesterday, and all of a sudden it quit working?

Good luck on getting that cord... I've been waiting on the backorder list for 3 weeks already. Seems like all LEI's stuff is backorderd. I'll just keep buying batteries - Might be time to get some rechargeables.

It's easy to blame the cord, but sometimes (unfortunately) it's the unit itself. My ExpeditionC was acting like that, Lowrance sent a cord, no charge. External power worked off and on again for a while, then it refused recognizing the cord for good and always ran off of the batteries. Lowrance finally asked me to send the unit in (the tech on the phone said something about some ExpeditionC units having a short inside that screwed up recognition of the external cord) and they sent me a brand new unit, again no charge. Never failed since, and now I have a spare cord to boot.

The first time I used my power cord the assembly/plug came apart, and I lost the spring. I took a spring from another 12v power cord plug, cut it to size, put it back in the assembly, and I was good to go. You have to have the spring pressing against the fuse with enough pressure to push the pin out the nose of the plug, or the power cord/plug will not work. That is what I found out with my first power cord dilema.

Reeds have these cords. Paid 19.95 at sport show. fixed my problem... lowrance wanted 22 I think.