• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If you want to know how I did today, just read my previous report. Wasn't much different at all, except for catching 1 - 11" crappie. Tried many more spots and also some deeper water besides the spots I revisited from Sunday.

More fish showing up this time, but same "attitude". Stare and stare and stare. Not sure if my 4lb Berkley Cold Weather line is "shooing" them away, but something is amiss.

Still, it was great to be out playing hookie! Awesome weather, fished many many different areas and had a fun time being out on the ice, regardless of the cooperation I got. smirk.gif

PS - the Westwood launch is getting sloppy!!!

Thanks for the report Eric. Perhaps the focus needs to be in soft bottom areas adjacent to gravel.

Seeing all the fish on your screen with very few bites makes a person wonder what they are doing wrong. I did catch a nice bass on Monday that was the first time I caught one in the winter. It was a fun fight on an untra light rod. I plan to get out this weekend. Good Luck

I WAS ON WASHINGTON THIS WEEKEND AS WELL & I FEEL IT HAS ALOT TO DO WITH THE AMOUNT OF PRESSURE THAT LAKE RECIEVES THROUGHOUT WINTER, WHEN I STARTED IN BAKERS I MARKED TONS OF ACTIVE FISH (SUSPENDED FISH) BUT AS SOON AS YOU'DE CATCH 0NE OR TWO FISH THE REST WOULDN'T BITE YOU COULD REEL UP AND WAIT FOR THE SCHOOL TO LEAVE. AND START ALL OVER AGAIN AND REPEAT THIS OVER AND OVER. confused.gif

I AM GOING TO GIVE IT A TRY AGAIN THIS WEEKEND AND WAS THINKING OF TRYING TOP DROP-SHOT A SMALL PLASTIC LIKE A LITTLE ATOM OR LINDY MUNCHIE ANYONE EVER TRY THIS UNDER THESE CONDITIONS?

Just got back from Washington. We actually had some success. The crappies are there but you need to sort through the little one. Caught a few sunnies and northerns too. You need a Vex to have luck, every fish was suspended, about 6-7 feet off the bottom.

I have fished Washington during the summer and winter many times for the past 5 years. I will say that I use to fish the deeper holes and have always found many suspended fish but have hardly ever had much luck in the catching dept.

With that being said, I will almost always look to an area that has less pressure and maybe less for numbers of fish yet I will do much better in catching fish. I find it very easy to find fish in the deeper holes but I believe that the shallower fish are much easier to intice into biting. Just my thoughts and what has worked for me over the years on this lake.

I couldn't agree with your more. This is the first time that I have had success fishing for suspended fish on Washington. I figured I wasn't doing well on the bottom and moved up a few feet and started seeing the fish move through. Most of the panfish I catch are in an area where nobody else is.

I have kept my distance away from others as well these past couple of outings. For the most part, I've been better than a couple hundred yards from people. The numbers have been there, but the biting has not. The areas I'm fishing are generally 9' - 13' deep, although I did try some deeper water, but didn't like it all too much because that's where everyone is at. I didn't spend too much time "socializing" with the crowd today. smirk.gif

I was out in bakers yesterday and got 3-4 sunfish and that was about it. I then fished off te hole and the fishing was slow at best on the crappies. Hopefully it gets better soon with the warm temps.

I certainly hope so! I've had some bad karma going these past couple of times, so you guys might want to stand clear of me! tongue.gif

was out yesterday and the bite was very light (like the last week) got 15 nice 8in ish sunfish from 9-14ft. Crappies in deep water were slow and spread out

I have been out the last two days, and have gotten bit off twice by who knows what. Would come off the bottom real fast and whack, I would set the hook feel it for a split second and then I would break off. I have been fishing with sweedish pimples in less than 10' of water and doing really well. Hole hopping is a must and with the wind today I wasn't able to do much of that, expecially with a gimp left side (I slipped and fell 4 times yesterday, while saving my marcum from impact on my belly I sacrificed my body. The last time falling on my knee that I dislocated a few years back.) Looks like the wind and the snow is going to keep up so doesn't look like I will be able to get out until next week.